The Ultimate Guide To Seasons On Hard?

Poppyfarmaston

The Ultimate Guide To Seasons On Hard?

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Have you even come across a guide that spells out the layout and configuration aspects step by step? I'm thinking in-depth guides I've come across in the past I've seen written for the likes of Sim City and City Skylines. A guide that takes you from the lowest level all the way to the top where you thinks to yourself "Wow ... Did I just created that? - AWESOME! Yea Did!"

Sadly I am unable to find any kind of step by step guide that takes a would-be player from Day One on Season to the next and consecutively through the seasons. There are a couple of videos and reviews that talk about seasons and how it works - BUT no real step by step guide.

OR IS THERE? If you know of such a guide then by all means please link it to me. I 'd love to hear in detail what we could plant, how much too plant, Create that field and be sure to do it on Day One, also knock down those trees and do the missions (on what day - before day one) What to buy, what to lease ... all those important steps and so on.

That's what I call a step by step. :) Not a generic guide that shows only a few spasmodic elements on a time line not so well defined.

Does not even have to be a video ... Just a comprehensive guide to surviving your first season ... in Farm Simulator 2017 Seasons - (Hard Mode!!!)

I can see I am going to have to write it myself. :( [I'm just not that good]

Unless ... someone can in fact share such a link?

Edit don_apple: slightly changed the topic to make it clear that this thread is a request for a guide and not an actual guide itself.
Poppyfarmaston

Re: The Ultimate Guide To Seasons On Hard!

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

:lol: Spoken like a Western Buddhist. A guide is not about finding the right answer. In fact a well written guide highlights all the paths to success. In the case of Farm Simulator 2017 Seasons Hard Mode, the guide would be about assisting the player to make better choices. Choices that lead to a prosperous season with a bright future. I'd be looking towards a path laid out for those looking to farm a wide variety of options as opposed to simply grinding the mill. That's the good thing a bout seasons - it kind of forces you to explore all the options.

Alas ... I'm not here to write a guide. I'm looking for one. There reason the may be none is because everyone is too busy learning the ropes or it simply takes a lot of time which many of us would rather spend of something else. There are in fact plenty of answers/paths that lead to success. That alone is more than enough subject material to write about. I figure it won't be long before such a guide will soon pop up.

AM I RIGHT! LOL ... Just kidding. :smileynew:
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Dude, its a farming game. There's no way to win and if you "loose" maybe video games isn't your thing.

Seriously though; easy, normal, hard.... there's no difference in gameplay. It just effects how fast or slow you progress. There's many, many different ways to play so there is no "guide" that would even make sense. If you just want to make lots of money, sell everything and buy a mower and baler wrapper combo and make silage until you get so bored you throw the controller through the window.

I think if you're comparing this game to the Sims or GTA or whatever "empire builder", you're missing the point of the game entirely.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^I'm going to disagree a bit. With seasons your animals can die if you run out of feed, you might sell a crop you need to keep for feed. You might buy a tractor you don't need, lease a tool you won't use. All of which could be considered "losing."
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
aklein

Post by aklein »

I put together not quite the ultimate guide on seasons but it does give you several ideas and tips when playing with seasons. I only ever play on hard so it might give you some ideas. A link to my channel should be in my sig just look for the seasons playlist.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:45 am ^^I'm going to disagree a bit. With seasons your animals can die if you run out of feed, you might sell a crop you need to keep for feed. You might buy a tractor you don't need, lease a tool you won't use. All of which could be considered "losing."

That would be called using common sense. I mean the game tells you what crops to feed your animals so if you sell it and they die that's just your own fault
XBOX/ FS22
Farmer216

Re: The Ultimate Guide To Seasons On Hard?

Post by Farmer216 »

The simplest guide is this:

Getting animals started is going to be expensive. Wait til later.
Crops are no longer the 'primary' income, as they only have 1 harvest / year. I'm not even sure I broke even on my last harvest. (Seed + Fert + Fert + Fert = Cost of planting > Harvest income)

Your best options are jobs that you can run all year.
(Option 1) Logging: You can log everywhere, not just property you own. When you are done logging, you can convert the area to a field. Trees take several YEARS to grow so be sure to begin replanting before you strip the map.
Sell all your equipment, take loan if needed. Buy the Scorpion harvester. Buy MF 699 tractor and two of the MF 140 trailers. This setup will pay for itself if you are good at running the Scorpion. Pay off the loan (as much as you can) every night before midnight.

(Option 2) Silage: You can mow everywhere, not just property you own. Plant your fields as grass. Grass grows quick enough to get multiple harvests / year. Spend all summer filling bunkers and wrapping bales, all winter selling it.

Seasons took the farming out of Farming Simulator IMO.
Its almost not worth owning farming equipment, as it only works 4 of 36 days in a year.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
ferrod

Post by ferrod »

Well, this is what I do:

- Get a loan
- Sell all equipment except one tractor, a seeder, the tipper and the harvester header. This way you'll save the maintenance money from the harvester and extra tractors. You can lease the old Massey harverster when needed.
- Buy the necessary equipment to feed cows and plant some wheat for straw. (fertilizer spreader/sprayer, mower, loading trailer, TMR Mixer, Baler, Bale trailer, front loader, etc...)
- Buy cows (choose the right day of the year so the price is the lowest possible)
- Buy a greenhouse or, more affordable, fruit trees to cover the interest costs and vehicle & animal's maintenance. Use the cow's manure on it.

Days may not have much to do besides to take care of animals and the wheat/barley crop so you can use 120x time and skip night so a in-game year can pass faster.

The milk sold in a year will start to acumulate and you can buy more cows and so on.
Grow in which direction you want from this.
playing Lossberg, Sosnovka and Estancia Lapacho on PS4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Farmer216 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm Seasons took the farming out of Farming Simulator IMO.
Its almost not worth owning farming equipment, as it only works 4 of 36 days in a year.
Wut? I'm not even sure how to respond to that. You do know that seasons are a real thing that happens on planet Earth right? That sentence doesn't even make sense. You do know that farmers don't plant and harvest every day of their life right? There is a small window of time in which you plant, and a small window when you harvest. Many farmers buy new equipment every year just for that reason.

Sorry I'm off topic, but that comment made absolutely no sense. :confusednew:
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

I must be doing something wrong. I haven't found playing with seasons on hard substantially different from my previous gameplay. I still follow the same path:
  • don't buy things you don't need
  • don't over-extend yourself with workers and/or animals
  • sell crops when prices are high, store them when they aren't
  • farm to maintain your farm, not make a million in a year
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with all of you ... !

My question ...
Does any one actually know "how to" play this game?

The answer to this question would be ... "Yes - I DO!"
Although every one else would probably disagree with me ... ;)

And this is the frustrating truth of this game.
GIANTS never really defined the correct way to play this game ... and this is a problem as they did not make the game 100% realistic.

The positive side to this is - we get to decide our own "reality".
The negative side to this - it is not really a "simulator" and some of us wants it to be!
Still it is one of the best games I have ever played ... :confusednew:

Now ... the creators of "Seasons" are trying to add bits and pieces of the realism that the base game lacks.
However ... they still have this "slightly unrealistic" foundation to work with.

I am not sure where I am going with this ... so I will just stop typing!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Mythtaken wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:38 pmI must be doing something wrong. I haven't found playing with seasons on hard substantially different from my previous gameplay. I still follow the same path:
^^This^^ The only thing changed in my personal playing style is now I can push snow and harvest when the leaves are pretty.

W1der wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pmGIANTS never really defined the correct way to play this game ... and this is a problem as they did not make the game 100% realistic.
100% realistic would be actual farming. This is a game. There is no right or wrong way to play the game. If there were, I wouldn't be interested because I probably don't do the same things as everyone else. I don't want an on-rails type of game where I have to go on quests and level up. I just want to bale hay. :biggrin2:
W1der

Post by W1der »

Ask 10 farmers how to correctly "bale hay" ... they would probably have different opinions ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:32 pm
Farmer216 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:54 pm Seasons took the farming out of Farming Simulator IMO.
Wut? I'm not even sure how to respond to that. You do know that seasons are a real thing that happens on planet Earth right? That sentence doesn't even make sense. You do know that farmers don't plant and harvest every day of their life right? There is a small window of time in which you plant, and a small window when you harvest. Many farmers buy new equipment every year just for that reason.

Sorry I'm off topic, but that comment made absolutely no sense. :confusednew:
Now that is a messed up sentence.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I know crops don't grow overnight.
I get it. Its more realistic, but I spend very little time farming.
I have the option to fast forward most of a year, or do something else.
I bought this game to make tractors work the earth.
With seasons, I'm a fulltime logger that has a hobby farm.

I play Forza. If I had to wander the garage for 11 days between races, it would be more "realistic".
But they'd have to give me something else to do.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)