The Ultimate Guide To Seasons On Hard?

Farmer216

Re: The Ultimate Guide To Seasons On Hard?

Post by Farmer216 »

Hairy Bob wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm .. far from having to skip time .. I'm playing with 6 day seasons and thinking of going to 9.
well .. you ARE skipping time
12 game days in fact.

The default setting is 9 day season at 5x.
If you are playing a shorter season, you are skipping time.
If you play faster than 5x, you are skipping time.

I'm not knocking it if you do.
Thats your cheat for keeping busy.
I'm trying to play at "Normal".
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Fair point, although given that I play about 3 days a year at one-fifth speed, I'd say it about evens out over a year, hence my thinking of going back to 9 day seasons.
The only thing putting me off is that I like getting all my grass harvested on one day, otherwise I have to stop mowing mid afternoon so the baler/forager can catch up and pick everything up, before starting mowing again the next morning. I don't consider that unrealistic, since a day with 6 day seasons corresponds to about a fortnight (365/24=15.2) and a farmer that spends 3 months a year collecting grass is growing a LOT of grass!
Which is to say that if I played 9 day seasons, I'd probably still play at least 2 days a year in real time anyway, but then I'd have more time to hit my targets for expanding fields...
I expect I probably will end up going to 9 days this winter, but I've got nearly 40 hectares of potatoes to lift at the West Coast in the last 3 days of autumn, and it's only mid summer in Loess Hill Country.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

Playing with 9 day seasons on TVTOF on hard. So far made it to day 5/mid spring using real time. Done a bit of logging so I can expand & merge fields, some contracting to gain a little bit of money but to get them ready seeded, so I can purchase them in time for harvesting. Bought 4 extra fields so far with another 4 lined up to buy. I've certainly found plenty to do, winter could be interesting though.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

What I have learned in this thread, shortening days makes it more difficult to get done what needs to be done that day. Seems obvious...yet I hadn't thought about playing that way.
Missions will give you something to do while your crops grow (just like vanilla game) but don't expect to make any money.
Some people just hate forestry, but it is similar to Missions in that it gives you something to do.