TVTOF-normal-Seasons-6 days-No GEO

RODHA

Re: TVTOF-normal-Seasons-6 days-No GEO

Post by RODHA »

What I know and understand is this. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:27 pmPlanted wheat in autumn,come spring its showing in the harvested stage and 0% growth on the Wopstr tool. Anybody else experience this?
This is the first scenario. If you plant the crop in autumn when the soil temperature is enough for germination, it will keep growing in every transition period through out the winter. But as there are only 4 transitions to the harvestable state (in terms of crop texture and map color) and there are more than 4 transitions to the actual harvest time (in terms of season calendar) you can see the crop in harvestable texture with a ready to harvest color on the map but the wopster says %0 growth as it is not yet the harvest time according to the season calendar.

Hairy Bob wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 pmI have planted in late autumn and had crops stay in the first growth stage (light green, seeded texture when looking at the field) until they reached germination temperature the following spring...
This is the second scenario. If you plant the crop in autumn when the soil temperature is not enough for germination, seeds stay in the soil without getting damaged through out the winter and start to germinate in the next spring when the germination temperature is reached and follows an ordinary pattern of growth till the harvest time as the number of transition periods are equal now in terms of both crop texture (map color) and seasons calendar.
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 am What I know and understand is this. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:27 pmPlanted wheat in autumn,come spring its showing in the harvested stage and 0% growth on the Wopstr tool. Anybody else experience this?
This is the first scenario. If you plant the crop in autumn when the soil temperature is enough for germination, it will keep growing in every transition period through out the winter. But as there are only 4 transitions to the harvestable state (in terms of crop texture and map color) and there are more than 4 transitions to the actual harvest time (in terms of season calendar) you can see the crop in harvestable texture with a ready to harvest color on the map but the wopster says %0 growth as it is not yet the harvest time according to the season calendar.
What TacoFarmer experienced is a mystery and not the way it should grow. If you plant winter crops in early or mid autumn it should sprout (first visible growth stage), but not grow further before spring. If it turns to the harvested stage (not the same as harvestable) it means germination has failed, but this should not happen for winter crops planted within the planting window in the autumn.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Hmm :hmm: Ok then. Thank you for the clarification reallogger :hi:
PS5 / FS22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm The autumn wheat went to the harvested stage. Now its spring and I replanted wheat and Im pretty sure the ground temp was 39,so it will never germinate? Wowza.I read somewhere you could plant before the soil temp was warm enough it just wouldnt germinate until it hit the ground temp to germinate.
Spring wheat planted at 39 degrees indeed grew to be harvested.Going to try canola over the winter this go.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

So I'm having a bit of trouble..... If I start a new seasons in TVTOF there's no need to worry about animals seeing how we can't feed them correct..... ie sheep (grass and water) or cows even..... Or is there a way to load up a non seasons game then save it and load up seasons..... Any help would be great!!
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proud Console Owner XB1
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

You can start seasons on an old save.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Same thing happened to me in tvtof,planted 3 fields before winter... 2 were ok and 1 didn’t griw