Stara fox 11 high seed usage

fazzini

Stara fox 11 high seed usage

Post by fazzini »

Does the stara fox 11 with the seed box use seeds at a higher rate then normal seeders? it seems to use up seeds for wheat much faster than the ceres master 3570 does, it also deplets seeds if I'm not moving but have it on and lowered in a field.

I think I might take the seed box off because of how fast it goes through seeds, though i haven't tried it with oil seed radish yet.

Does anyone else use the seed box with this cultivator?
fenixguy

Re: Stara fox 11 high seed usage

Post by fenixguy »

I tried it but the small seed box empties too fast. I love the cultivator, but only use it without the seed box.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
crockus56

Post by crockus56 »

I would expect it to empty at a faster Rate then the GreatPlains but it seems to be a 3x or 4x. I used it for the smallest starting field on GCV, it used 1500l of seed on hard.

Would be curious to see if grass/osr use less. I could imagine they would want to discourage us from using this for wheat and barley as it would be very overpowered (plow,cult,plant) in one pass.
PandaCheese

Post by PandaCheese »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:42 pm I tried it but the small seed box empties too fast. I love the cultivator, but only use it without the seed box.
Problem is you can only get a helper to use it if you attach the seed box. At least on the Platinum map, the helper won't start it on F2 in the beginning, until I added the seed box and turned on the cultivator manually first.

Also if it's too OP they should nerf it in other ways. It doesn't make sense for a sower to use so much more seeds than others...I mean it's not planting quadruple the crop...
Armchairfarmer

Post by Armchairfarmer »

The reason it uses so much more seed is because it spits the seeds out above the ground instead of the tube running down the back of the knife into the ground like you see with more sophisticated seed drills.
I try to go by the rule I was taught growing up “a seed drill is just a controlled spill, the cheaper one is the more you pay for it later”