Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Case1370

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by Case1370 »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:20 pm Bullet you are probably the most talented map modder that i know, but your locations are a little bit off for farming. People love narrower roads, bridges, hills etc...you know for the challenge. This is why european maps are awesome and americans are not.

I am assuming that you are making maps for people and not for yourself. At the end of the day you will getting the ratings that you deserve.

Nothing personal, just straight honesty.

Huh! Are you serious? Or are you just a fool, my guess is the later, just being straight up honest. No not all people love ridiculously narrow roads and bridges, thats your opinion not People's opinion, 1st and foremost. Been many people wanting a more realistic USA map, thats done well, as there are very few out that are good, that represent what us real life farmers farms look like. After all its us farmers in the USA that feed the world, not the other way around.
BB did a heck of a job being that he isnt from the USA, he did a better job than many of the map makers who live here have done in map making. Those Euro maps with those narrow roads , also limits people to only the small equipment, unless the map isnt very realistic and lets you drive thru fences, hedges, signs, etc.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Don't bite Fenixguy- you're playing right into his 6 fingered hands !
FS17 on XBone
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

The joke is, I still love an American map, which is an European map as well... Sic/Sig...
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Im amazed at this map, with how smooth it plays. I dont really have much of a problem with frame rate issues with maps, other than the occasional hang up once in a while in certain areas of maps. I dont know how you did it BB, with how good the scenery is graphic wise, and just the overall look of the map, but it runs smoother than the maps that come with the game from Giants themselves. Remarkable that your not even from the USA, yet made a better map than others who actually live here,lol. Its not just the best looking map graphic wise, along with the smoothest playing, but also the most realistic map Ive seen, as the grain sell points look more like how they are IRL. As while other maps like Oakfield and your West Coast map, were amazing looking, and fun to play, but some of the sell points were just unrealistic, even though I enjoyed playing on them, it was hard for me to get past the unrealistic feel of some of the sell points, I guess just me being a life long farmer IRL and being overly OCD about certain things, made it hard for me to get past, or so my wife says Im overly OCD anyway,lol.
Overall great job on Lone Oak, Im sure the owner of that farm IRL, is very happy with your work recreating his farm in the game. Going to be hard for me to play on any other map now, so Im sure I will put many hours on this map, especially considering I play with 24 day seasons with the seasons mod.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

24 day seasons?!! How the...?!!
FS17 on XBone
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

ltl.vamp wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 pm Btw: Map update is online!
Not showing for me on PS4 mod hub
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:40 pm
ltl.vamp wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 pm Btw: Map update is online!
Not showing for me on PS4 mod hub
Not showing on xbox, either.... I read it on modhub , date 16.07.2018... Maybe PC only?

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=109946

Edit: There is a new mod Fastrec for logging on xbox , but not on the homepage...
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

TallPaul003 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:17 pm 24 day seasons?!! How the...?!!

I keep the time scale at 5x at all times, and when things are slow, and I have no desire to do logging, I will speed up time even more. I just feel its a little more realistic as far as paying interest and with birthing of livestock. I also dont go hog will on using big equipment on only a small amount of acres, I stay pretty close t the rule of thumb we use IRL on the farm, and that is a row per 100 acres, for example if you farm 400 acres, or less you typically run a 4 row corn planter, and 4 row cornhead, over 400 acres, you run 6 row equipment, over 600 acres, you move up to 8 row equipment, and so on. That was just a old rule of thumb us old farmers always went buy. Obviously now days alot of your smaller farmers have to have other jobs, so they alot of time will run bigger equipment due to that, as you can get some good deals on used bigger equipment.
Being that Im retired now from farming due to health issues, and Im not able to get out of the house to do much these days, I tend to have more time on my hands to burn than most,lol. So it makes it easier for me to go with 24 day seasons.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Fair play man, now that's immersion! That's interesting with the size of equipment, I never knew that. I never really thought about why our how farmers in real life choose their gear, thanks for the insight ;)
FS17 on XBone
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

So I feel more like a real farmer now than ever. :lol: It's late fall of my first year on Lone Oak. I had an awesome corn crop-380,000l in the silos harvested with my brand new CaseIH 7130. Problem is, I've maxed out my credit, corn prices are in the tank, and I couldn't afford the drill I wanted and had to settle for a smaller one so now I'm racing trying to get winter wheat in before it's too cold. :mrgreen: Man I love this game!

It's so tempting for me to collect those last two nuggets, but I won't do it!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Just wanted to say thank you for the positive comments. Means a lot to me, also to Aden my friend who's family own and farm the real life Lone Oak Farm.

It was both an exciting challenge and a privilege to make the map for Aden and his family.

Personally I am never 100% happy with any map I make as there is always room for improvement. However first and foremost I make the map for myself and my own enjoyment.
The only reason I release them publicly is I know there are players out there who appreciate the same thing with Farm Sim as me and that is it is somewhere for you to go to relax after a hard day to unwind and chill.
The more realistic and beautiful I can make the scenery then the more that it helps do that.

For me It is the only way I can mod.

Hopefully myself, Oxygendavid, LoneWolf, and Ian898 can take Frontier Design mod projects to a whole new level in Fs19.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm Hopefully myself, Oxygendavid, LoneWolf, and Ian898 can take Frontier Design mod projects to a whole new level in Fs19.
Looking forward to that for sure!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

^^^ +1 to that.

Top man BB, keep up the good work ;)
FS17 on XBone
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm The only reason I release them publicly is I know there are players out there who appreciate the same thing with Farm Sim as me and that is it is somewhere for you to go to relax after a hard day to unwind and chill.
The more realistic and beautiful I can make the scenery then the more that it helps do that.
That is a very well assessed causality Bill. Hats off to you :hi:
And imho, you always achieve that goal. Thanks a lot for it *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

+4(my family) to that.
I make jokes that others don't get.