Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Harada

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by Harada »

dlord wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 am So I am on Xbox One playing Lone Oak Farm with seasons mod but I can only take out the standard $300,000 loan from the bank. Has anyone else had this problem? I have played on many maps with seasons and have always been able to take out up to a million dollar loan but for some reason I cant't on Lone Oak.
Loans

The arbitrary loan cap in the vanilla game has been removed and replaced with a loan cap based on your equity, which is the combined value of your land and placeable buildings. The new loan cap is 80% of that equity with a minimum of 300,000 and a maximum of 1,500,000. In addition, the interest payable on the loan has been increased and is adjusted to the year length. Be sure to pay off your loans as the interest rates are higher now.
XBox Series S
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm not sure but dlord might have a point here.

All the other maps gave much more than just 300.000 at the start with seasons.

But if the meadows are not count as your land in seasons then it means you have only F45 and no placeables. Which could be the reason of being stuck at 300.000

It is a big "if" though. Because meadow should also be count as land. I don't know.

I didn't feel the need to take a loan cause selling all the machinery gave me 1.4M+ cash and then I collected the nuggets. 2.5M is an enough start for me to keep away from loan.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The starting grass fields on Lone Oak are not meadows. They are fields. I planted corn in them after cultivating. A "meadow" (as it's referred to in FS) has to be plowed with "create field" enabled. This turns it into a field.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I understand it.

I collected all but 2 nuggets just to get to see all of the map. I can't bring myself to getting those last two. :biggrin2: My loan is maxed but my silos are full! Just waiting on a good corn price. If I really go broke, I can always sell some cattle and silage.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
empato

Post by empato »

The "problem" is, that the fields on this map are very cheap, and seasons use that as basis to calculate how much loan you can get. In this case the result is that you can get only minimum loan of 300000,-
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

@fenixguy - You are right. But there is something about the meadows (even if they are converted from an arable field) in Lone Oak which makes them different.
Try to put a placeable on a field. You can't. But try it on a meadow. You can.
I'm just wild guessing here but I think there is something different about Lone Oak meadows. That might be the reason.

edit: I guess empato's take on is much more logical than mine
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Fields are made with a terrainDetailLayer, you can either have the various types of soil or grass depending on what you want the field to have.

This terrainDetailLayers is what enables you to fertilize, grow crops, and use the AI workers.

Grass meadows that your on about are just empty areas of the map painted with grass foliage.

Placeables do not work on top of fields, only empty areas.

Because Seasons uses your field value for your loan amount and the field prices are much lower on my maps than default, then your loan amount will be lower.
However on the plus side you can afford to buy more fields quicker, and enjoy farming other areas of the map instead of being stuck in just one area for ages.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm However on the plus side you can afford to buy more fields quicker, and enjoy farming other areas of the map instead of being stuck in just one area for ages.
And thank you for that!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm However on the plus side you can afford to buy more fields quicker, and enjoy farming other areas of the map instead of being stuck in just one area for ages.
Yes Bill that is one of the best things with your maps lately. Lower field prices makes a huge difference. Instead of cycling the same fields over and over again we now have the opportunity to see and work all over the map.

Btw, thanks for the explanation on fields :hi: That made it all clear.
PS5 / FS22
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Did anybody know there is a free field on lone oak near field 3 where the two houses are just before the dealer on the right hand side. It is a small fenced off area.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

44mfarmall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am Did anybody know there is a free field on lone oak near field 3 where the two houses are just before the dealer on the right hand side. It is a small fenced off area.
Usual disclaimer: As it isn't a field it's untested, so expect grass and weeds you can't remove.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

44mfarmall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am Did anybody know there is a free field on lone oak near field 3 where the two houses are just before the dealer on the right hand side. It is a small fenced off area.
There are two grass areas like that behind the dealership on the road heading West.

I made those for small placebales such as greenhouses or solar panels.
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

The one I have been fertilizing and haying and i never plowed it. I stumbled on it by accident so I thought it was a free field. Good to know that they are for placeables.
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders
PS4 player
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

44mfarmall wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm The one I have been fertilizing and haying and i never plowed it. I stumbled on it by accident so I thought it was a free field. Good to know that they are for placeables.
As they have no terrainDetailLayer fertilizing them will have no effect. Unless you use the create field function on a plough and make a new field.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Sorry if this was already brought up, but did anyone notice the dealership closes at night? Not functionally, but the doors all close. That's just fantastic. *thumbsup*
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm Sorry if this was already brought up, but did anyone notice the dealership closes at night? Not functionally, but the doors all close. That's just fantastic. *thumbsup*
It felt wrong having the service bay doors open all night.
However the doors are not solid so you can still enter the bays if you want to. This is due to the user attribute not being able to turn the collisionMesh on and off as well as the visibility.