Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

ltl.vamp

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by ltl.vamp »

Thank you BulletBill", "Oxygendavid", "Ian898", and "LoneWolf" and the testing people!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:09 am
gilroy222 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:05 am
BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 pm The grass meadows on this map are actual fields and have the terrainDetailLayer painted underneath the foliage. (This is a lighter green to the normal grass ground)

This layer is what makes it possible for AI workers to work the grass fields and for you to be able to fertilize them.

They are the same as a normal soil field just with a different texture.
Ok that makes perfect sense, thank you.

Do you have any advice on how I can keep the workers from crossing over and trying to work other fields (real or grass)?

I tried to solve this by doing the headlands and edges of the fields myself, to create a sort of border that the worker will stop at, but what I am finding is that even when the worker has finished in the center of the field, they will start traveling accross the already worked field, even crossing roads, just to get to the next one to start working it even if I don't own it. This has happened with fields 50/54 and then with 22/24.

Other than that I am loving the map so far btw.
Haven’t had this problem myself,what equipment were you using?
Seed Hawk air seeder and the smaller large air seeder from the big bud pack both were being used when the workers decided to go into adjoining fields to keep planting.

As for sprayers using the Horsch DLC sprayer, as well as the New Holland base game sprayer have always given me trouble on not only this map now but the base game maps. I realise the sprayers is likely an issue that Giants would have to fix but the air seeders is a new problem I have not seen until this map.

Something with the hired workers isn't telling them where the field boundaries are it seems....
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I think it's just the way hired helpers are. The width of the implement is simply greater than the width of the gap between the fields. To stop that from happening you'd have to have huge gaps between fields (26 metres wide for the Big Bud DLC!).
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I often park a spare tractor or truck where I know there are issues to stop the ai
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

As This is Gav stated it’s the width of the equipment when turning...mr sealyp had that issue on TVTOF when using the big bud plough. All I do is work the headlands until the worker has enough room to turn within the field boundaries
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Ok thanks guys I'll give it a try. I have been doing the headlands but it seems sometimes the issue for me doesn't happen when turning. They'll stop halfway down a field with it being sprayed/planted on either side of them (depending on what task i'm doing) and will just reverse a few feet, turn to the side of the field and just drive all the way over to the edge and keep going till they hit a different field... including ones I don't even own.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I am playing Lone Oak on hard seasons. Absolutely love the map, however....

If you notice the lone oak tree is the same size as the placeable oak trees you can do in game. It is a shame really considering this oak tree is supposedly 200 plus years old. I was hoping or I am thinking it should be bigger. I am going to make my oak tree nice. Right now it just has an access road near it between the two fields. When I buy field 49, (almost got max faction with the owner), I am going to plow around it and then plant grass to give it more of a natural type border between the fields when I connect the two fields together.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 pm The grass meadows on this map are actual fields and have the terrainDetailLayer painted underneath the foliage. (This is a lighter green to the normal grass ground)

This layer is what makes it possible for AI workers to work the grass fields and for you to be able to fertilize them.

They are the same as a normal soil field just with a different texture.
I plowed up the starting grass fields, because it was showing red and needing plowing, and I wanted to get more yield from it. Then after I replanted grass in it before I do soybeans in there. Did I lose the special green terrain detail layer by plowing it? Or is it still the same as it was originally?
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Firstly, no you will not lose the terrainDetailLayer.

Secondly the Lone Oak tree ingame is as close to approx. size of the real life Lone Oak tree.

Just because its old doesn't mean it must be tall. Trees grow at different rates depending on weather, and soil type.
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Bill, been meaning to make a post thanking you and the frontier team for lone oak, awesome map and I've been enjoying it a ton, love the detail and I love how it seems you can see as far as the eye can see, thanks a bunch to you all!!
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Yeah I parked the truck near the tree and kinda looked at the picture. It is pretty spot on in terms of what size it should be to the real one. I just wish it was a tiny bit bigger than the default oak trees you can place in the game to make it stand out more.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The only main problem I have had with the map is the random positioning of the equipment when you start missions. Most times the tractor etc is pointing at an odd angle away from the field.

This isn’t too bad, except on one occasion the mission was to use one of the bigger seeders with the external tank and I couldn’t connect them all up without going out of bounds and another time the trailer hitch was jammed into a fence 😞
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 am The only main problem I have had with the map is the random positioning of the equipment when you start missions. Most times the tractor etc is pointing at an odd angle away from the field.

This isn’t too bad, except on one occasion the mission was to use one of the bigger seeders with the external tank and I couldn’t connect them all up without going out of bounds and another time the trailer hitch was jammed into a fence 😞
Which field was it and which implement?

I tested the missions myself, but for all I can report back, it's a pain in the backside to actually get them working well on a detailed map. For example field 13 is a nightmare - surrounded by a fence, it's impossible to get the large combines spawning in a good position. They have to spawn well into the field because of the fence, as the alternative was the header spawning on top of the gate, or the combine across the road in another field!

This is the downside to making missions on every field. BulletBill could have stripped a couple of fields that don't work well of their missions, but wanted to only keep missions everywhere but the grass pastures.

This is why very few detailed European maps have many fields with missions (Oakfield has five as I remember and Coldborough and The West Coast fewer than that I think). It's easier on maps such as The Valley the Old Farm as the fields have more space around them and are generally of a uniform shape. Lone Oak Farm is a real farm and they tried to replicate it was close to reality as is possible, but that has some necessary draw-backs.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I think the issue with the fence was 13. Not sure of the implement name, it’s the huge seeder that takes a separate seed tank. The problem was it spawned in the right place just facing away from the field so connecting the tractor to the seed trailer then to the seeder put the tractor out of bounds. When I tried again it gave smaller equipment anyway so no issue. I will try and remember which field it was.

Other than that the map is excellent, feels like a real working farm so job well done 👍🏻
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

I officially have more hours on this map than any other......love it. Top notch work.
FS 22 and loving it.