Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Dusty1424

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by Dusty1424 »

On pc ,I have posted before about this and OD replied saying it was to be fixed in the update
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Farming_Steezus wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:39 pm The servers get stressed when everyone tries to download maps at once, try at an off peak time.

On OakField farm (Xbox one) there’s a dirt track up to field 40 that comes to a wooden gate that cannot be opened, it makes no sense that it’s intentional as it’s the quick route into the field, anyone else seen it?
Its there on the PC version as well. Perhaps you are not supposed to drive through fields you don't own.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Noticed that there is a "NEW" version of Oakfield Farm on modhub, dated March 8th. The version number is still 1.0.0.0. Tried to download this version, but could not from the dates on the folders see any changes. No changes are mentioned in the mod description, so why post it as new? If anybody knows about changes to the PC version, please let all know about it, preferably with a list of changes and whether it is compatible with existing savegames. If the "NEW" version is only an extension to new platforms, that information ought to be mentioned in the description, so as to avoid confusion. Sorry if this is the wrong forum topic. Didn't want to start a new topic for just a single question.
oxygendavid

Post by oxygendavid »

kahfs wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 pm Noticed that there is a "NEW" version of Oakfield Farm on modhub, dated March 8th. The version number is still 1.0.0.0. Tried to download this version, but could not from the dates on the folders see any changes. No changes are mentioned in the mod description, so why post it as new? If anybody knows about changes to the PC version, please let all know about it, preferably with a list of changes and whether it is compatible with existing savegames. If the "NEW" version is only an extension to new platforms, that information ought to be mentioned in the description, so as to avoid confusion. Sorry if this is the wrong forum topic. Didn't want to start a new topic for just a single question.
Yeah the update was the console version.....the pc version will be with you shortly and wont need a new save game. :)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

oxygendavid wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:42 pm
kahfs wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 pm Noticed that there is a "NEW" version of Oakfield Farm on modhub, dated March 8th. The version number is still 1.0.0.0. Tried to download this version, but could not from the dates on the folders see any changes. No changes are mentioned in the mod description, so why post it as new? If anybody knows about changes to the PC version, please let all know about it, preferably with a list of changes and whether it is compatible with existing savegames. If the "NEW" version is only an extension to new platforms, that information ought to be mentioned in the description, so as to avoid confusion. Sorry if this is the wrong forum topic. Didn't want to start a new topic for just a single question.
Yeah the update was the console version.....the pc version will be with you shortly and wont need a new save game. :)
Thank you very much for responding. Having played 75 hours and just got to 1st day of summer, I don't feel that there is much that need fixing. Oakfield farm is an excellent example of how pre-release testing should be done. Would like to see some cows in that very nice milking sheed, though. I'm not a modder, so I don't know how difficult it is to set the path for animals. Hardly any maps allow cows to walk into the milking area.
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

any news on Lone Oak?
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Not yet. If people are interested I can post a few more screenshots of the map. (I've held back as sometimes people get fed up seeing too many pictures)
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I say post them. I'm really looking forward to this map.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Feel free to post them Bill, if someone doesn't want to see them, they don't have to look lol, can't wait for this map!!
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Personally, I like to see the update pics. I say they let 'em fly BB. Ha.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I'd like to see them as well.
Sullivan9703

Post by Sullivan9703 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:28 pm Not yet. If people are interested I can post a few more screenshots of the map. (I've held back as sometimes people get fed up seeing too many pictures)
I would like some pictures of the map. :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Pictures are always good and salivating :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Here are a few more screenshots. Will try and take some more soon.

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Mount Hood looks really cool in the distance :coolnew:

Btw, may I ask something BulletBill?
What kind of trees did you decide to use for logging purposes?
The West Coast has those relatively short trees in a couple of variaties.
Oakfield Farm has the same as far as I can see.
Making money out of them is a bit too hard imho.
So, is it possible to use the tallest trees at least in one of the forest areas?
PS5 / FS22