Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

stevoxsi

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by stevoxsi »

I love the cheaper field prices. I sold some equipment and bought all the fields round one farm so I could focus on the arable side of things and go from there. Looking forwards to doing the same on lone oak.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ me too, cheaper fields make it easier to expand. Thanx Bulletbill
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 pmMost players like what I did with "West Coast" with the field price multiplyer value lowered so field prices were more affordable.
At the moment that is what I have done on this map. That way you get to work more fields across the map, even if your playing on hard.
Great decision BB *thumbsup*
And it would be much appreciated if the traffic doesn’t flow at 32mph because I’m tired of being hit by every single car at The West Coast :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Hi Bulletbill I don’t want this to sound like a request but have you had any thoughts on the starting equipment yet (size and amount of equipment)
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

RODHA wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:48 am Great decision BB *thumbsup*
And it would be much appreciated if the traffic doesn’t flow at 32mph because I’m tired of being hit by every single car at The West Coast :biggrin2:
The problem with have with the AI traffic is as default the Collision box which detects any object in front of the AI car and makes it stop is set for a speed of 20mph.

Now on PC I can work around this by having the traffic models themselves called from the mod map folder meaning I can edit the AI traffic and extend the collision detection box to compensate for any increase in speed..

On console I can't as the traffic has to be called from the default game folder not the map folder.

On West Coast the traffic went quite fast in some places, but on Lone Oak the max they go is 32mph. This still requires an edited version of the traffic to stop them hitting you when your stopped in the road.

For console I will probably reduce the traffic speed so that this doesn't happen.
Patrick73 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 pm Hi Bulletbill I don’t want this to sound like a request but have you had any thoughts on the starting equipment yet (size and amount of equipment)
Yes I decided you will start with older classic machinery, but more towards American equipment, or at least as best as I can choose within the default equipment range.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

For what it's worth I thought The West Coast struck a perfect balance with the starting equipment and fields.
There's enough to get started without having to do lots of grinding, but there's not so much that you have nothing to work towards.
Your maps are right at the top of my favourites list, BulletBill. I have over 500 hours playtime between Coldborough and The West Coast, and I'd still be playing them if Oakfield hadn't grabbed my attention!
Thanks for all you've done, and continue to do for the game.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Thank you for all the kind comments. I really do appreciate them.

I am very critical of my own work, and on top of that this last year I have had more abuse and negative comments than ever before.

When someone makes a genuine postive comment it goes a long way to counteracting all the negative ones.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

It's hard to ignore the whiners and abusive comments BB , but believe me they are vastly outnumbered by fans of your work , I for one appreciate the time and effort you put into your maps and mods .
Jethrofarmer17

Post by Jethrofarmer17 »

I love west coast BB been favorite map since it was released thank you for your time and effort
Mtfarmer79

Post by Mtfarmer79 »

*thumbsup* being from montana can't wait to play on this. Looks fantastic.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pmFor console I will probably reduce the traffic speed so that this doesn't happen.
I realised there is something wrong with the recognition time. Cars do brake but the distance is just not enough for them to stop. Your explanation makes everything crystal clear. Thank you very much :hi:

Also thank you for your plan on re-adjusting the traffic speed on the console for Lone Oak Farm.
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Not long to wait now...

Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:35 am Not long to wait now...

Looks great can’t wait to play on the map BulletBill
Ps4 player
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Looks awesome Bill, thanks again for making an American style map, very much appreciated!!!!
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:35 am Not long to wait now...

Looks absolutely stunningly amazing!!!! I can't wait to play this map. Awesome work *thumbsup*
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks