Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

RODHA

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by RODHA »

I have a complete week off starting this weekend and I am kinda hopeful may be the map is already at the testing and we have no idea because Giants rightfully stoped giving hints about highly expected maps, so may be out of nowhere Lone Oak would be released this friday :biggrin2:

I know, I'm just delusional :coolnew:
PS5 / FS22
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

this morning there are a lot of console mods listed in testing. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but "Lone Oak Farm" hasn't been sent to GIANTS yet. It hasn't been tested by our in-house Frontier Design test team yet.

Although with how good our testers are now at testing it shouldn't take too long.

Will keep you posted with any updates.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok, I can take another week off when it is out :biggrin2:
This map will worth it *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I hope oakfield comes to console before long or I'll not know which of these to play!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Sullivan9703

Post by Sullivan9703 »

How can you make 13. field in Coursplay at Oakfield?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I just watched Landykid's episode 2 on Oakfield. I think you can't because of the tree group in the middle of the field.
PS5 / FS22
Sullivan9703

Post by Sullivan9703 »

Well, I hope they find some kind of solution for Frontier guys, because it's strange that this is an area they do not recognize. : /
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Sullivan9703 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 am Well, I hope they find some kind of solution for Frontier guys, because it's strange that this is an area they do not recognize. : /
This issue has already been fixed Sullivan for the map update.

It has also been explained several times on the FS-Uk support topic.

Courseplay cannot detect a field automatically if the field indicator node is not on the actual soil. Field 13 on Oakfield has a small woodland in the centre where the field node is.

However you can manually detect the field edge with courseplay for now until the map update is released.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill, may I ask something?
As far as I know from Oxygendavid's facebook page, console version of the Oakfield was sent to Giants for testing.
But as you mentined an update, is it possible that the console version will also be the updated version or may be for the update purposes it was taken back by Oxygendavid?
It has bee a long wait and I'm really curious about what has happened to the console version.
Thank you :hi:
PS5 / FS22
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am BulletBill, may I ask something?
As far as I know from Oxygendavid's facebook page, console version of the Oakfield was sent to Giants for testing.
But as you mentined an update, is it possible that the console version will also be the updated version or may be for the update purposes it was taken back by Oxygendavid?
It has bee a long wait and I'm really curious about what has happened to the console version.
Thank you :hi:

Yes the console version of Oakfield he has sent to GIANTS now includes the updates and fixes same as the new PC version.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That is great news and explains a lot in terms of the prolonged period of release. Thanks again *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Well, Oakfiled is in testing for consoles *thumbsup*
I've heard in a couple of videos that his map has been throughly tested by Frontier Design so I hope it would pass pretty quickly from QA testing.
PS5 / FS22
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

Woohoo!
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

RODHA wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:09 pm Well, Oakfiled is in testing for consoles *thumbsup*
I've heard in a couple of videos that his map has been throughly tested by Frontier Design so I hope it would pass pretty quickly from QA testing.

With console mod maps they are first checked for compatibility, this is something us modders cannot do.

This can take a while as sometimes not all the things that need changing are picked up first time. We have to make the fixes then send it in again. Often multiple times until its working properly.

Then the standard map test can begin which usually takes a few days depending on how busy and how many GIANTS testers are available.