Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

BulletBill

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by BulletBill »

I have used every sized tree on this map. Although there is no dedicated forestry area you can cut any of the forests down on the map.

Or there are plenty of areas you could plant your own forests to.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

PS5 / FS22
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Welcome to Oakfield farm killer :) Ok ok I kiid kiiiid. Beautiful work man...I loved all your maps the attention to details you do is simply amazing. You are able to create a mood that the player feels when plays on your maps. Sometimes I just load up one of your map and sit under the tree and daydream. :)

Keep up the good work!!!
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

hun3 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:29 pm Welcome to Oakfield farm killer :) Ok ok I kiid kiiiid. Beautiful work man...I loved all your maps the attention to details you do is simply amazing. You are able to create a mood that the player feels when plays on your maps. Sometimes I just load up one of your map and sit under the tree and daydream. :)

Keep up the good work!!!
Thank you. That is my true aim when making maps. I'm not actually that interested in playing the game itself anymore. But I do love creating environments that are immersive and realistic.
I want players to be able to enjoy the beauty of there surroundings whilest playing the game.
markare

Post by markare »

^^^^^that right there is dedication. Not interested in the game but still piles in hours to make mods. Thank you Bill for everything you have done for both console and PC. Amazing commitment. Should get more recognition for your hard work sir.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Truly hope that you'll continue to release maps when FS19 comes around?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Sullivan9703

Post by Sullivan9703 »

Is there any news on Oakfield update?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What update? When it was released on consoles, it was already the updated version.
PS5 / FS22
Sullivan9703

Post by Sullivan9703 »

RODHA wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:20 pm What update? When it was released on consoles, it was already the updated version.
PC update?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That was the same update which brought the map to the consoles. At least to my knowledge. Pc got the update, consoles got the updated map in one go.
PS5 / FS22
Sullivan9703

Post by Sullivan9703 »

RODHA wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:39 pm That was the same update which brought the map to the consoles. At least to my knowledge. Pc got the update, consoles got the updated map in one go.
Ohh i look mods Oakfield map PC version 1.0.0
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

I thought the pc update was submitted separately and is still waiting for testing. I haven't had an update want to happen ingame (and I've been browsing the modhub a lot lately).
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The PC update failed testing yesterday for a couple of minor texture issues. OxygenDavid was intending to resubmit it later on yesterday (I assume he did) but obviously that means it goes back into the testing queue. Hopefully it will be with us next week.

The 1.0.0.0 version is perfectly playable though and, to the best of my knowledge is save-game compatible, so I think there's no harm in continuing your current save.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

BulletBill wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:51 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am BulletBill, may I ask something?
As far as I know from Oxygendavid's facebook page, console version of the Oakfield was sent to Giants for testing.
But as you mentined an update, is it possible that the console version will also be the updated version or may be for the update purposes it was taken back by Oxygendavid?
It has bee a long wait and I'm really curious about what has happened to the console version.
Thank you :hi:
Yes the console version of Oakfield he has sent to GIANTS now includes the updates and fixes same as the new PC version.
BulletBill I might be mistaken but console version of Oakfield has been released as V1.0.0.1 right?
If that is the case, shouldn't we need to have 500k silo capacity as the change log on the modhub (website) shows?
(17 silo capacity changed from 100.000 - 500.000)
Or, am I missing something here? :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Help anyone but where do you put the straw bales for cows on Oakfield farm....thank