Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

1992Tadej1992

Re: Frontier Design - Discussion Topic

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm Just wanted to say thank you for the positive comments. Means a lot to me, also to Aden my friend who's family own and farm the real life Lone Oak Farm.

It was both an exciting challenge and a privilege to make the map for Aden and his family.

Personally I am never 100% happy with any map I make as there is always room for improvement. However first and foremost I make the map for myself and my own enjoyment.
The only reason I release them publicly is I know there are players out there who appreciate the same thing with Farm Sim as me and that is it is somewhere for you to go to relax after a hard day to unwind and chill.
The more realistic and beautiful I can make the scenery then the more that it helps do that.

For me It is the only way I can mod.

Hopefully myself, Oxygendavid, LoneWolf, and Ian898 can take Frontier Design mod projects to a whole new level in Fs19.
That is ok, but the problem is that you are focusing just too much at details that doesnt matter for a good gameplay experience.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I'm confused... first you tell me, incorrectly, that I am obviously modding just to please the players, then when I explain thats not why I mod, you then tell me I should be listening to you and modding to how someone else wants the map.

I make my maps the way I want to make them. I do it for myself and my own enjoyment. I don't do it to please you or anyone else.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Original: That is ok, but the problem is that you are focusing just too much at details that doesnt matter for a good gameplay experience.
Translation: I'm absolutely surprised and jealousy, how amazing this map looks like.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:05 pm That is ok, but the problem is that you are focusing just too much at details that doesnt matter for a good gameplay experience.
Play a different map. You don't speak for the rest of the Farming Simulator community.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:31 pm I'm confused... first you tell me, incorrectly, that I am obviously modding just to please the players, then when I explain thats not why I mod, you then tell me I should be listening to you and modding to how someone else wants the map.

I make my maps the way I want to make them. I do it for myself and my own enjoyment. I don't do it to please you or anyone else.
Well you should at least considering what other players prefer to play. Right?
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

^^ the worst part about idiots is they rarely know they're stupid. You don't ask a metal artist to sing R&B, you don't ask a painter to make a sculpture. What BulletBill does is art, and if you can't appreciate it then get out the museum, holmeslice.
I make jokes that others don't get.
markare

Post by markare »

Why should he consider anything?? Bill like almost any Modder for any game mod firstly for themselves, secondly for other people. If a Modder was to do what people prefer to play they wouldn't be Modders they would be game developers. Also remember Modders do mods on their own time at their own expense. No payment unless they use dodgy sites or have donation accounts setup with PayPal. Your comments started with saying he is Modding and only for the players for what they want and is a criticism of how he mods. He explained to you his process and thoughts of Modding. Then you say he should do what players prefer. Maybe you should make up your mind what you think as its conflicting.

Bill aas has been said numerous times not only to yourself but almost all Modders on this forum I am deeply thankful to each aa and everyone of you for your time effort and abilities that you showcase. You all help to enhance a great game and make it better. I'm going to sound like a broken record but I will say it again, people need to remember back to Fs15 when no mods where available. You got the base game and paid for dlc expansions that added nothing compared to what could be ce eared on PC. If you wanted to flood your games with mods you needed a pc. Now that mods are available on console, may I also add to remind you, these cost absolutely nothing for the user, all you see is demands demands demands demands, never thanks or praise where it is due. Never apologies when something is explained. It's all want want want. It actually makes me feel bad for being a gamer these days
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

I rarely post, but I've tried a few times to compose an eloquent response and failed, so I'm going back to Lone Oak Farm to calm myself in the beautiful surroundings, it's summer and I have hay to make.

P.S. 1992Tadej1992, by speaking for 'other players' I'll assume you're speaking for me. Don't. Thank goodness for the forum foe list.
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Just a thought, nothing else.

Chill.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Just an ill informed, poorly written, over inflated self entitled, selfish, senseless, narcissistic thought bordering on fighting talk!
Ever wondered why they call him Bullet Bill? Bill makes all his maps from a jail cell on an old smuggled Nokia banana phone and cardboard cutouts made with blunt primary school scissors... Chuck Norris got nothing on Bill, Bill don't need a gun, he spits bullets. Just ask the first kid who critisized one of his maps...
FS17 on XBone
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:31 pm I'm confused... first you tell me, incorrectly, that I am obviously modding just to please the players, then when I explain thats not why I mod, you then tell me I should be listening to you and modding to how someone else wants the map.

Do it because you enjoy it, it’s the only way. From looking at this forum the majority of us love it too, I know I am one of those. Never understood the logic of people who criticise things they get for free, that they don’t have to use, but then choose to and complain about.

Keep up the good work 👍🏼
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 pm Just an ill informed, poorly written, over inflated self entitled, selfish, senseless, narcissistic thought bordering on fighting talk!
Ever wondered why they call him Bullet Bill? Bill makes all his maps from a jail cell on an old smuggled Nokia banana phone and cardboard cutouts made with blunt primary school scissors... Chuck Norris got nothing on Bill, Bill don't need a gun, he spits bullets. Just ask the first kid who critisized one of his maps...
Now try real hard and put your head from his ar**.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

It was just his opinion on the map guys. We probably could do less with the personal attacks. It is just bad for the community.

Anyway Bill.

Thank you so much for the best map I have ever played on. From the farm house, to the great yard with working lights and doors, to the realistic surroundings, to the fields that extend past the map border, it all just comes together as an amazing map.

And this is with you having health issues as well.

The map is incredible, and you have truly raised the bar with it.

Quick question though. I have not noticed it yet, but do the fields past the edges of the map change? EG from spring to harvest do the fields change to show crop growth and harvested stages?

Thanks,
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:52 am Now try real hard and put your head from his ar**.
That's entirely unacceptable. Bullet Bill is one of the finest modders on Farming Sim. That doesn't mean his creations appeal to everyone, and they shouldn't have too. He creates maps because he likes too. He creates them for himself and is kind enough to share them with others. If you don't like his maps (and you aren't obligated to like them), there are many other maps out there that may be more to your liking. Check them out. Happy farming.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
garyst

Post by garyst »

Both me and my brother really like this map. It is our new favorite map to play multiplayer on. Thanks bullet bill!