Sugar cane harvesting

annasgramma

Sugar cane harvesting

Post by annasgramma »

Before I plow under an entire field of sugarcane, (Mustang Valley Ranch, Field #3) perhaps somebody can help me out. Rather than using the keyboard steering for my grain truck, I use a joystick. My issue is that I have an extremely difficult time steering straight! Even on paved roads, I have difficulty keeping control of the vehicle. I'm finding it almost impossible to drive along side of the cane harvester. Most of the time, I find myself blocking the harvester, but going the other way and driving out of range is an issue too. My joystick is a Logitec Extreme 30 Pro, the computer is a Mac and the operator is, according to my genius son, an ID10T user!! The slightest movement of the joystick can send the vehicle practically to kingdom come! Can anyone offer any suggestions to help my steering issues? Otherwise, an entire field of sugar cane is history. Thanks!!
annasgramma

Re: Sugar cane harvesting

Post by annasgramma »

I'll try that. Thanks.
Oneblock

Post by Oneblock »

You could also try the gps mod. Gives you a guide line or you can auto steer.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

I would recommend the GPS mod and like others have said turn your sensitivity down a little bit. Do you happened to have an Xbox controller laying around? If you do, hook it up and try it. For me it makes driving especially the trucks easier.
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

High Cotton wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:37 pm I would recommend the GPS mod and like others have said turn your sensitivity down a little bit. Do you happened to have an Xbox controller laying around? If you do, hook it up and try it. For me it makes driving especially the trucks easier.
Please forgive me, but the sensitivity is set at 100% on all possible axis levels. Should I make it 125, or 150 etc to slow it down, because nothing seems to be making a difference. I have absolutely NO idea what these Axis numbers mean..they are all set at 14% right now. As far as controllers go, I do have a PS 3 controller. I wonder if that will work. I am playing on a MAC computer, if that makes a difference. Thank you.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I would say throw on a controller rather then a joystick
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Reducing the sensitivity should make it easier for you (the 100% sounds like the sensitivity so try turning that down). The 14% setting should be the controllers dead zone. Basically how far you move the controller before the input gets sent to the game. Generally personal preference as to what you set this as, but if it's being too twitchy for you to use increasing it may help.

And as red has said, controller will be better.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb