Oilseed Radish- seasons

Treeguy1857

Oilseed Radish- seasons

Post by Treeguy1857 »

I am on a 9 day seasons cycle and looking into planting oilseed radish as the first stage of my fertilizer after harvest season in autumn. If I plant oilseed radish in early/middle autumn, can I harvest/cultivate it in the spring time? Or once it becomes harvestable, do I have to immediately cultivate it? I just see the soil temps being cold and frozen which wouldn't allow me to cultivate it. I am playing on hard and trying to make my gameplay as realistic as I can get it. Thanks
aklein

Re: Oilseed Radish- seasons

Post by aklein »

If you plant in early autumn or mid autumn it should come up before winter. You can leave it on the ground all winter if you wish or need to as a result of frozen ground and cultivate in spring when the frozen ground condition goes away if you get frozen ground at all. If you plant it to late into the year it will not come up until spring but it will come up. You could cultivate in the winter if you wanted to as long as you didnt have frozen ground.

I tend to leave it in the field all winter as a soil binding aid to help with runoff and erosion from winter rain and snow melt.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

There is no "exact" explanation on that in the seasons manual, but does radish wither at all?
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 am There is no "exact" explanation on that in the seasons manual, but does radish wither at all?
No it does not