Seasons Mod Thread #2

reallogger

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by reallogger »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 am PS4
Do the overall hours on a tractor make a difference in its performance?
I have a Deutz Series 9 with around 160hrs on it and it seems like its straining pulling the Condor.
I have another Deutz Series 9 with 10 hours and it feels stronger.
Am I imagining this?
They both have 27 hours before maintenance.
Yes this is only your imagination :)
jobmine

Post by jobmine »

sooooo, im trying to use seasons on goldcrest valley, but the game is just tuck when it tries to load the savegame. note: i have lots of other mods, but i dont think any of them will crash with seasons. i'll post the log file.
Attachments
log.txt
(64.51 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Guil

Post by Guil »

Update your graphics drivers, recent Windows update caused problems with AMD graphics cards.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

jobmine wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 pm
That's a bug with Straw Addon version 1.1 and seasons, they have problems with eachother on the standard maps.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I'm into a long play through of GCV with seasons. Talking 350 hours maybe year ten. Past two seasons I cant go into the SE quadrant when it snows. Last year it was game stuttering lag that took me awhile to drive out. This year I went out there to buy field and it froze the game UI on a 00.00 mission where I can't use anything on the UI. I had to reboot and lost a day of unsaved gameplay. Only thing different is I planted a hundred or so trees along the field edges three years ago. Has anyone else seen problems like this?
azrazara

Post by azrazara »

Has anyone had an issue with hay bales disappearing the following midnight after being baled? In summer/autumn with no snow or rain, and being left in a sheltered area on a seasons map? Starting to seem like some kind of bug. I have stored bales from the previous year that are totally fine.

According to the Wopstr tool the ground wetness is 40. Does that cause bales to rot if exposed to the ground? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/TmsOCiq
https://imgur.com/a/QqdelCo
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Corstaad wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:48 pm I'm into a long play through of GCV with seasons. Talking 350 hours maybe year ten. Past two seasons I cant go into the SE quadrant when it snows. Last year it was game stuttering lag that took me awhile to drive out. This year I went out there to buy field and it froze the game UI on a 00.00 mission where I can't use anything on the UI. I had to reboot and lost a day of unsaved gameplay. Only thing different is I planted a hundred or so trees along the field edges three years ago. Has anyone else seen problems like this?
Assuming you are playing on PC, any errors in the log? Does it happen only when it snows? Please also confirm you have the latest version of Seasons.
azrazara wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 pm Has anyone had an issue with hay bales disappearing the following midnight after being baled? In summer/autumn with no snow or rain, and being left in a sheltered area on a seasons map? Starting to seem like some kind of bug. I have stored bales from the previous year that are totally fine.

According to the Wopstr tool the ground wetness is 40. Does that cause bales to rot if exposed to the ground? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
As responded in the other thread, this has nothing to do with ground wetness, but the fact that you are using a baler that does not produce bales with standard information (bale dimensions). Update to version 2 of the Welger baler to fix this bug.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Reallogger it's on a Xbox One. A lot of hours on it in a relatively short period :/.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

I have had the same problem on oakfield and lone oak I'll have a look on my logs but have had it happen on lone oak farm. I think it could a bug with the fields. It was field 29 on lone oak that was causing this problem and managed to get out of it by jumping to another field. On oakfield it was field 3 and I couldn't get out of it without turning my pc off.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Hi all,

On my UMRV v2.1 game, I planted a fair few of the fields using the additional crop types that are included in the map. Rye, spelt, triticale, millet and oats.

I'm currently in mid-autumn. My barley crop, which additional crop types are supposed to copy, was ready to harvest in early autumn and has already been harvested, but the above additional crop types are still growing at 87%, according to the Wopstr.
While doing a quick test to solve another, unrelated potential issue with my sugar beet crop (which will fix itself in late autumn, based on this test), I discovered that when I reach late autumn, the above additional crop types will still be growing at 87% on the Wopstr. So, I don't know if it's a problem with the map (which is still in beta and incomplete in some areas, like field definitions (as in, all fields need to be owned by the player because the fields aren't properly defined, and is why I can't just use the Creator Tools mod to fix this) or a problem with seasons mod, or user error (other than the 'skip night' function in seasons mod, I only ever used the in-game time acceleration with the 120x maximum to pass significant lengths of time).
At this point, if I continue on this map for another in-game year, I won't be planting these crop types again, but for the time being, I need to know something to be able to recover these crops (if I choose to "cheat" to recover them, I may just stay realistic and just consider these crops as failed/lost and cultivate them under)...

Sorry for the long explanation, but.... How, exactly, does the 'ssChangeFruitGrowthState' command work? I can't find anything in the source that would conclusively identify what the arguments are supposed to be....
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

I would say a map issue, as I play on Oakfield and have manged to harvest the additional crops on there, does the map say they are ready to be harvest?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

When is the best time to add a seasons geo? Been looking at Poland and northern Italy as they have harvesting starting earlier.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Best time would be winter, because there are no crops that can be messed up with changing growth 'times'

>>Rules<<
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

May be a silly question, but I've googled it and searched on here with no luck...

Does anything untoward occur if seasons are running and then turned off?
FS17 on XBone
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It couid break your savegame =)

>>Rules<<