Seasons Mod Thread #2

reallogger

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by reallogger »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 pm Which rots faster
loose straw/hay
baled straw/hay
?
Loose and piled straw and hay rots faster than baled material. No problem leaving the bales for some time, but loose material will for within a few hours if it rains.
oolykee

Post by oolykee »

reallogger wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 am
loose straw/hay
baled straw/hay
?
Loose and piled straw and hay rots faster than baled material. No problem leaving the bales for some time, but loose material will for within a few hours if it rains.
What about loose grass after the rain. For few hours you have a wet crops icon and will this rot the grass? It is not raining but the wet crops icon is showing.

Thank you reallogger. :hi:
Check out our channel:
https://goo.gl/EUTkLW

New video every day.
Here is the newest one:
https://goo.gl/SrBkQ1

Check out our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Oolykee-Gaming ... 843882487/
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

oolykee wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:30 am
reallogger wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 am
loose straw/hay
baled straw/hay
?
What about loose grass after the rain. For few hours you have a wet crops icon and will this rot the grass? It is not raining but the wet crops icon is showing.

Thank you reallogger. :hi:
Rotting of hay and straw only occurs when it rains. So as soon as the rain stops rotting also stops. Grass is a different story and rots at midnight no matter how the weather has been.
clarkrcc55

Post by clarkrcc55 »

Is anyone having issues with soybean in the base seasons mod after the PC update? I'm playing lone oak with 3 day seasons but the ground temp never seems to get high enough to plant; or if it does it's the last day of the planting window and overnight it dies going from growing to harvested overnight.
Ps4 player
Billings, Montana.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

wet grass. I have baled the wet grass and it t;turned to silage. I have gotten rain on my mowing and then baled it also. I cannot remember but I think I have mowed din the rain and then baled it for silage.

clarkrcc55, when the temp don't change, I have lost the crop. however I hav planted soybeans early and they can bee in the ground for a few days and still grow. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

clarkrcc55 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:20 pm Is anyone having issues with soybean in the base seasons mod after the PC update? I'm playing lone oak with 3 day seasons but the ground temp never seems to get high enough to plant; or if it does it's the last day of the planting window and overnight it dies going from growing to harvested overnight.
what i've found is for planting the temperature doesn't matter as long as you're in the planting season, the crop just wont germinate unless it reaches that temperature
crash

Post by crash »

never looked into this, and dont feel like Reading a lot.. can you do Winter wheat, seed the last day of fall, if the ground isent frosen?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

as long as you're in the planting window yes what I've got to work most of the time but not always is plant winter wheat, harvest early spring, plant soybeans and harvest in fall, works probably 2/3 years
clarkrcc55

Post by clarkrcc55 »

[/quote]

what i've found is for planting the temperature doesn't matter as long as you're in the planting season, the crop just wont germinate unless it reaches that temperature
[/quote]

I'll give it a shot after winter, I hope it works because I've plowed 44, 45, 46, 49, and 50 together as my soybean feild and would hate to have it die again. Haha
Ps4 player
Billings, Montana.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Hi,

I've been poking around, trying to figure out why I'm having issues with random squares/rectangles/lines/spots of snow just randomly disappearing when I'm doing anything affecting the layer(s) of snow (like shoveling it or snowblowing it).
On my UMRV game, it just does it practically everywhere on the map.
On Rattlesnake Valley v3, it doesn't seem to happen on or within a small distance from the main roads, but the smaller side roads/bumpy dirt two-track lanes result in this effect once I get far enough away from the main road.
County Lines v2 (the Seasons mod one), I have not seen this happen at all (but haven't gone over every road/path on the whole map in testing).
Lone Oak Farm, I think I found one spot near an edge of the map where this happened, but appears to be nearly perfect relating to this issue.

Clearly, this is not directly a bug in Seasons mod, since it seems to vary, based on the map.... Any ideas what might be causing this on these maps that have this issue, and how to fix it? I thought maybe it was something in the .gdm or .grle files, but haven't found anything in them--so far--that might explain why the main roads on Rattlesnake Valley work fine but anywhere else does not, because the ones I thought might be the culprit are nothing but an empty black square when opening the converted .png in GIMP....
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

clarkrcc55 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:20 pm Is anyone having issues with soybean in the base seasons mod after the PC update? I'm playing lone oak with 3 day seasons but the ground temp never seems to get high enough to plant; or if it does it's the last day of the planting window and overnight it dies going from growing to harvested overnight.
The game seems to calculate plant growth at midnight, so the seed you sow last day of fall will not germinate until the start of the next day, and if too cold will die, unless it is wheat, barley or canola which we lay dormant until things warm up.
Which geo do you have installed? It may be one where some crops are hard to grow successfully even if it is 'possible'
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I really hope FS19 gets a console version of Seasons.
I been playing WestBridge with very few mods.
The game seems silly playing without Seasons.
So give us the good news and tell us you have FS19 Seasons for consoles in the works.
And thanks to Realismus Modding and GIANTS for making it happen on FS17.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

I really like the mod seasons but I have noticed that a large majority of the online transmissions in the twitch are made without using the mod seasons!
in your opinion what will be the main reason for this?
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Maybe it’s easier? Seasons works well with a series of videos, like with youtuber’s whose game you get invested in.

Without seasons you can pretty much do what you want, when you want.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Yes, I think you're right!
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi: