Seasons Mod Thread #2

xbodxsmith145

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

I did that. I downloaded it from there and it didn't work. I placed it in the mods folder and it doesn't show in the game.
xbodxsmith145

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

the latest version of the game is 1.5.1 correct?
Guil

Post by Guil »

No it's 1.5.3
xbodxsmith145

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

how do I update it. it says no updates available
xbodxsmith145

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

I got it. thanks tho.
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

xbodxsmith145 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:38 pm
FarmingLife wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 am
Guil wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:57 am

Were you inside the planting window? It sounds as if you were not.
Yes, I made sure. :confusednew:
gotta make sure its in the planting part of the season, and the temps are right.
I know the temps don't have to be right confirmed by the manual:
...the soil temperature if below the germination temperature, then the sown crops will not germinate. They will not die though as long as you are within the planting window. For example, spring barley has a planting window of early, mid and late spring. So, if you plant barley in early spring, but the soil temperature is too low, it will only grow in mid or late spring, or in the worst case, in early summer.

https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... play/crops
I have 60 chickens, a few horses, and 50 head of baldies in the middle of nowhere North Carolina.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

What the manual doesn't make clear is that if the temperature doesn't get high enough for germination by the end of the planting window, the crop fails and goes straight to the harvested state, as you've experienced.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Note: In the seasons menue the temperature have to be white. If it is blue, the ground is to cold for planting, even if you are in the planting window. On the hud you can see the ground temperature, too, if you have activated the seasons huds.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

You missed this paragraph then.
Winter will wither certain crops grass will be knocked back to stage 2 in the winter. If you plant crops in a transition that is not within the planting window in the calendar, it will die. Another factor which determines whether your crops will germinate is the germination temperature of crops and the current soil temperature. The germination temperature for all crops can be seen in the Seasons menu and the current soil temperature is shown in the HUD. If the soil temperature if below the germination temperature, then the sown crops will not germinate. They will not die though as long as you are within the planting window. For example, spring barley has a planting window of early, mid and late spring. So, if you plant barley in early spring, but the soil temperature is too low, it will only grow in mid or late spring, or in the worst case, in early summer.
PS4
PS5
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 am For example, spring barley has a planting window of early, mid and late spring. So, if you plant barley in early spring, but the soil temperature is too low, it will only grow in mid or late spring, or in the worst case, in early summer.
According to this, the barley will still start to grow in early summer even though the end of the planting window was late spring- contrary to what Bob was saying. Which is correct?
PS4
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:01 pm
CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 am For example, spring barley has a planting window of early, mid and late spring. So, if you plant barley in early spring, but the soil temperature is too low, it will only grow in mid or late spring, or in the worst case, in early summer.
According to this, the barley will still start to grow in early summer even though the end of the planting window was late spring- contrary to what Bob was saying. Which is correct?
You are correct. As long as you are within the planting window, it takes it longer to germinate, but it will still grow.
I have 60 chickens, a few horses, and 50 head of baldies in the middle of nowhere North Carolina.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Sticking with barley as an example, if the soil temps reach 5°C by the morning of early summer, the plants will germinate and grow. If it's early summer and still <5°, they will fail. That's my experience anyway, and ISTR having this conversation with a member of Realismus way back in the first seasons thread.
There has to be a cut-off point somewhere, or you could end up with crops which never become harvestable before winter hits.
I've not played with the Sweden Geo, but just looking at the calendar I can see that it's going to be a struggle to grow anything besides poplars or grass as a spring crop, so good luck to you!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

Hairy Bob wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:32 pm Sticking with barley as an example, if the soil temps reach 5°C by the morning of early summer, the plants will germinate and grow. If it's early summer and still <5°, they will fail.
That wasn't in contention, it was acknowledged earlier in the thread.
clodhopper51

Post by clodhopper51 »

Ok how come I get a harvested field on barley on the thunder map;i planted it in the window but maybe a day or two late when it got to day 7 it was harvested???? wth ???
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

That’s what happened to me