Seasons Mod Thread #2

RODHA

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by RODHA »

I wasn't expecting you to check both threads thats why I also posted the same thing here :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I have to start with saying what a great mod this is, this makes the whole game in my opinion.
But one thing I don't understand is why you can't spreasd manure or slurry on frosen ground in the spring? I now many farmers do that, so the field is fertilized ready for cultivating when the ground is over freezing point.
empato

Post by empato »

Azfoor wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 am I have to start with saying what a great mod this is, this makes the whole game in my opinion.
But one thing I don't understand is why you can't spreasd manure or slurry on frosen ground in the spring? I now many farmers do that, so the field is fertilized ready for cultivating when the ground is over freezing point.
If i`m not wrong this will come with a future update and you can do it already with the developer version of the Mod.
I don`t use this function, so I`m not 100% sure, but i think I`ve read that somewhere from the developers and also on Github when i`ve downloaded one of the last developers versions.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Azfoor wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:09 am I have to start with saying what a great mod this is, this makes the whole game in my opinion.
Yeah we have added this possibility for 1.3.1. As a PC player you can test it via our GitHub. For console: this might take a long time.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Rahkiin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm
Yeah we have added this possibility for 1.3.1. As a PC player you can test it via our GitHub. For console: this might take a long time.
Great I'm on pc so I try that out tonight. *thumbsup*
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

Post by Rahkiin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm
Please note that stuff does not do a growth increase every transition. Things are spread out to fit the growth duration of real life.
So for example Sugarcane. It only grows every couple of transitions because it grows over 13-15 months IRL. But the game only has ~7 states.

So do not be worried if a crop does not change at night.
im on the south american map with seasons and my one sugarcane field has not changed growth states yet. i have 12 day seasons and am on day 9 of summer. i planted day 1 of spring. should it have changed by now?
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

What GEO are you using? You can only use the Paraguay one for Sugarcane.
PS4
PS5
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Rahkiin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:42 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 am Are solar panels affected by Seasons?? Seems they make more $$ in the summer.
No, currently that is not a feature we have. It is on our todo list but will not be coming to console for FS17. They are only normalized over a year and have the new upkeep algorithm.
I have 9 solar panels. Property income should be 19,440 everyday.Day 1 of Autumn property income was 3240.Day 2 of Autumn was 19440.
Edit:Day 3 of Autumn 10530.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
dazdaman2014

Post by dazdaman2014 »

Can we have an option to disable maintance for the tractors etc as I forgot to maintain my vehicles when due and just to service my two NH cr10 combines cost me £220.000 rather steep I think
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

They are big machines remember .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

aklein wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm
Cardos wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm
dlord wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 am So I baled some grass square bales and before I could get the field finished and switch tractors to wrap them into silage bales they had already lost 5 liters. From what I understood grass bales rot or lose volume after two days not right away or am I wrong?
I had the very same thing once, my OCD drove me mad having stacks of silage bales with 3995l. I assumed at the time that some time based changed occurred in the background (not sure how fast grass windrows rots on the ground). Since then I do grass work on x1 speed just to be sure and have all my equipment lined up ready and near the field, haven't had the issue since, but would love clarification, last I checked I couldn't see anything in the manual about how fast grass on the ground rots.
Grass starts to rot almost right away. In theory it would be losing volume even in the windrow if you mow to far ahead of the tedder. I almost always play with an accelerated clock speed and boy is this rotting evident at 15X. If you do everything one step at a time you will see the bales lose a decent amount of volume from mowing to baling to wrapping. Grass bales will disappear after 2 full game days have passed but they will lose some amount of volume every hour or every few game hours. Not sure on the exact deterioration rate but it starts as soon as it is cut.

If your doing a bale wrapping operation its best to mow and windrow and bale using follow me if your on PC or if on console I guess just work the field as quick as you can or in segments if you get ocd over bale volumes less than 4000L. The best way to not lose volume is to use the kuhn combo unit from the dlc that bales and then wraps right away. once its wrapped the rotting stops and the fermenting starts.

You could also use the New Holland Big Baler 960A as it makes 4500 liter bales.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Wanted to throw this out there to see if it is a glitch or what. Playing on XB1, Altenstein Map, Northern Sweden Geo, 9 day Seasons. Got through to late Spring and still had snow on ground/ground frozen. Day 8 of spring finally got all snow melted and frozen ground gone. Worked up all my fields and planted. All wheat, barley, Canola only. Soil temp still too low to germinate though. Early summer with high enough soil temps but out of planting season fields still show no growth. Mid summer all fields showing no growth and harvested condition. Lost all my crops. Checked soil temp again and it is high enough. Prediction of temps would suggest similar problem with Oilseed Radish or replanting for winter crops. I planted some as grass. Now late summer temp still high enough for grass but no germination growth still at 0. All other grass has grown on the map. Ideas anyone? Is this just bad luck with the weather or a glitch? I was under the impression that if crops were planted in the planting season that they would be ok, just have Late germination. At any rate with only 2 days to work fields and plant I figured they needed to get in the ground ASAP.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

jah6575 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 am Wanted to throw this out there to see if it is a glitch or what. Playing on XB1, Altenstein Map, Northern Sweden Geo, 9 day Seasons. Got through to late Spring and still had snow on ground/ground frozen. Day 8 of spring finally got all snow melted and frozen ground gone. Worked up all my fields and planted. All wheat, barley, Canola only. Soil temp still too low to germinate though. Early summer with high enough soil temps but out of planting season fields still show no growth. Mid summer all fields showing no growth and harvested condition. Lost all my crops. Checked soil temp again and it is high enough. Prediction of temps would suggest similar problem with Oilseed Radish or replanting for winter crops. I planted some as grass. Now late summer temp still high enough for grass but no germination growth still at 0. All other grass has grown on the map. Ideas anyone? Is this just bad luck with the weather or a glitch? I was under the impression that if crops were planted in the planting season that they would be ok, just have Late germination. At any rate with only 2 days to work fields and plant I figured they needed to get in the ground ASAP.
Nope sounds right, just didn't get warm enough in the planting window.
PS4
PS5
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Thanks CMDR TAKEDOWN! Have played on base for but not Sweden’s. Been digging through the code on my phone trying to figure it out.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Completed my second year and I think i'll remove seasons. Too much spare time with nothing to do :(

What do you guys do in between to keep yourself entertained?