Seasons Mod Thread #2

FarmingLife

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by FarmingLife »

Ok so I started a playthrough with the northern Sweden geo. I planted some wheat. It went from growing to harvested overnight. It even looks harvested. What gives?
I have 60 chickens, a few horses, and 50 head of baldies in the middle of nowhere North Carolina.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

xbodxsmith145 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:20 pm can anybody help me, I cant seem to install the seasons mod. I've tried everything. I've watched videos and everything. I install from farming sim mod hub, place in mod folder and it doesn't appear in the mod hub on the game to select. I uninstalled everything from my mod folder and just placed season in there and that didn't work either. idk what else to do. not very many videos out to help just a lot of reviews of the mod, anjd how to install mods in general, which I know how to do. have no issues with other mods just this one. also the season mod is not in my in game mod hub. I did purchase fs17 off steam.
If you downloaded it from the in game modhub, you shouldn’t need to move it anywhere. Will be in your mods folder automatically. Are you definitely downloading from ingame and not an outside mod site ?
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Guil

Post by Guil »

FarmingLife wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:43 am Ok so I started a playthrough with the northern Sweden geo. I planted some wheat. It went from growing to harvested overnight. It even looks harvested. What gives?
Were you inside the planting window? It sounds as if you were not.
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

Guil wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:57 am
FarmingLife wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:43 am Ok so I started a playthrough with the northern Sweden geo. I planted some wheat. It went from growing to harvested overnight. It even looks harvested. What gives?
Yes, I made sure. :confusednew:
I have 60 chickens, a few horses, and 50 head of baldies in the middle of nowhere North Carolina.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Did you fast forward time a lot, particularly with the mod that can go to x12000?
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

Guil wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 am Did you fast forward time a lot, particularly with the mod that can go to x12000?
No, I’m on console. I run on 15x though most of the time.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Soil temp may have not been high enough.
PS4
PS5
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:22 am Soil temp may have not been high enough.
But I always plant in the planting window, even if the temp isn’t high enough. I’ve never had never had this problem before. :hmm:
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I had the exact same thing happen. I was on GCV and had the northern Sweden mod. If you plant a crop it has to be in the panting timeframe, but the temp also has to hit the needed level sometime in that planting window orvitvall dies. So if you plant early, when it’s in the time window, but not warm enough, sometimes it will grow. But if it never gets warm enough. It all dies. I did this twice on my first play with seasons before I realized that.

On that geo, it’s safer to plant wheat, barley or canola in the fall planting window. It’s a tough play - but I love that geo!
FarmingLife

Post by FarmingLife »

That could be it. Thanks
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just for future reference, there's no need to keep quoting the most previous post.
xbodxsmith145

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

the seasons mod is not in my main modhub in the game. I have all the geo season such as Sweden and Prague and things like that. but no main seasons mod in the ingame hub. I downloaded it from farming sim.com and put it in the mod folder, and that didn't work. every other mod I have works fine, I even edit the mods and no problem. so idk why the season mod wont work. and I thought it was weird it wasn't in my main mod hub on the game, so idk.
xbodxsmith145

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

markare wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 pm Do you have the latest version of the game installed??
yes
xbodxsmith145

Post by xbodxsmith145 »

FarmingLife wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 am
Guil wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:57 am
Yes, I made sure. :confusednew:
gotta make sure its in the planting part of the season, and the temps are right.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

go on the giants Modhub website and search for seasons