Seasons Mod Thread #2

reallogger

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by reallogger »

The reasoning was partly what RODHA said that it should not be possible to fill the grass trough and get through winter. Another aspect was that you would feed animals more often IRL than in the game. Even at 24 day season length, one game day is like the same as 4 real days. So we wanted to make it more realistic by feeding more often, but thought not all players would like to feed every game day either. So 3 day capacity became like a compromise, making it kind of easier for those who play with shorter seasons.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I think it is kind of a perfect solution. It works great for me.
PS5 / FS22
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

I would like a Option added, to adjust Tree Growth-Time.
For me, it feels way to long to wait so many Years, specially because i change the Map alot.

I really like Seasons alot, but this is a Point, where i actually think of unloading the Mod and stop using it.
I already had to skip 3 times over 2 years and it cost me everytime a whole Afternoon to do this.

How long does it take for a fully grown Tree without Seasons?
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Without seasons its about 10 days
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Alagos wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:59 am Without seasons its about 10 days
Ok thank you.
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
empato

Post by empato »

It took 2,5 years until a tree is cuttable and 5 until it`s fully grown. I don`t think that it`s too long. Especially if you think that Seasons brings a bit moire realism in the game. Would not be very realistic to get a 30m tree within a few days.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

anonymouz wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am I would like a Option added, to adjust Tree Growth-Time.
For me, it feels way to long to wait so many Years, specially because i change the Map alot.

I really like Seasons alot, but this is a Point, where i actually think of unloading the Mod and stop using it.
I already had to skip 3 times over 2 years and it cost me everytime a whole Afternoon to do this.

Unfortunately then it sounds like Seasons is not the mod for you. Everything we changed was done with consideration and thought in relation to simulation vs “gamification” and we have no plans to break that balance with a bunch of toggles.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ahahahaha loved that word gamification :biggrin2:
Brilliant. And it tells so much more than arcade *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
empato

Post by empato »

anonymouz wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am I would like a Option added, to adjust Tree Growth-Time.

Maybe you try the RM_BirchGrowth from Github. Then you don`t have to plant the trees and will get more than usually needed.

Edit: Sorry, missed that you are on console
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Well, then i'll arrange myself with the Situation.
The Realism-Sim of Seasons is more important than just waiting for Trees to be fully grown. ☺

For Info:
I tried to grow many Packs of 4 Trees in a Rectancle Arrangement in the Forest near the Paths, to cut them later to get high Stumps, to store my Wood inside, like this:

DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:51 am

Unfortunately then it sounds like Seasons is not the mod for you. Everything we changed was done with consideration and thought in relation to simulation vs “gamification” and we have no plans to break that balance with a bunch of toggles.
Hey Seb, kind of sort of but not that related, do you have any timeline for the next update of Seasons? There has been mention of its existence a few times so just wondering. Not nagging just anticipating :biggrin2:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:21 pm
theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:51 am

Hey Seb, kind of sort of but not that related, do you have any timeline for the next update of Seasons? There has been mention of its existence a few times so just wondering. Not nagging just anticipating :biggrin2:
The update is nearly ready actually. Just a few niggling small issues left we hope to address in it and that is what is holding it up.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Is that "the update" that is not coming to consoles? :sadnew:
PS5 / FS22
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

That sounds great, Seb.
Been waiting for this update
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Pretty sure it's "the update" as you put it @RODHA. Since we asked if an update was coming. And the answer was no more update for consoles but the PC will be getting another.
PS4
PS5