Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by Rahkiin »

ONLY grass ferments when wrapped.

So yes you are confusing grass and hay.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Beaner8132 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 pm I'm on PS4. And no it definitely wasn't wet.
Did you tedder after mowing?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Beaner8132

Post by Beaner8132 »

Ok I'm going to try and recreate it later. I'm almost positive it was hay. There was no rain and it was tedded before it was baled. But I could very well be wrong. Thanks for the input guys.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

And make sure the crop wetness icon isnt to the left of where the clock and sun display is.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Beaner8132

Post by Beaner8132 »

Yes positive. I'll try again later when I get home.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Just piling on to help the team beat the dead horse here... :biggrin2:

The hay and grass icons as you probably know are extremely similar and easy to mix up. They're basically the same except for that few pixel dot representing the sun in the hay icon.

Grass tedded too soon after mowing or when the "wet crop" condition is still active because of environmental conditions stays grass after tedding and does not turn to hay. I'm presently waiting right now as a matter of coincidence on my grass to "cure" some before I run the tedder through it before baling.

Just mentioning that any of these things are easy to mix up and any of them would create the fermenting condition you described.
Beaner8132

Post by Beaner8132 »

I might of tedded the grass to soon then. How long should you wait before you ted it because that I did not do.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

You'll know as soon as you start tedding whether it is dry enough. If it changes from dark green (grass) to light green (hay) behind the tedder, it is ready to put up as hay. If the "wet crop" icon is still showing beside the weather report, it is not dry enough and will still show dark green behind the tedder.
Beaner8132

Post by Beaner8132 »

Yeah then it was definitely hay. Weird. I'll try it again later to see if I get the same results
coolio31

Post by coolio31 »

Is it possible to store grass without loosing it?
I try to store it in a tipper but night after night, the grass disapear.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Put the tipper cover over it, wrap it, put it in a forage Silo or in a shed.
PS4
PS5
Guil

Post by Guil »

Out of all those options the only thing that will work is store it in a silo. If you wrap it it will become silage in time and the rest it will still dissappear in 2 days.
empato

Post by empato »

Grass will rot in tippers, even if you put the cover on it. If you wrap it, it will ferment to silage.
With seasons there is no way to store grass outside without rotting within two days.

Only possible way is to make hay out of it and wrap the hay bales. Then you can keep them outside.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

empato wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 am Grass will rot in tippers, even if you put the cover on it. If you wrap it, it will ferment to silage.
With seasons there is no way to store grass outside without rotting within two days.

Only possible way is to make hay out of it and wrap the hay bales. Then you can keep them outside.
some silos grass wont rot away, like the modified hay loft, I have had grass all through autumn and winter still got grass in there. only reducing when I use some
empato

Post by empato »

That`s why I mentioned "outside". of course there are some mod silos out there in which you can store grass as long as you want.