Seasons Mod Thread #2

Corstaad

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by Corstaad »

With seasons just ignore great demand. Most of the time it does match with seasonal high prices anyways. Only thing a great demand does is lock in the price for the duration.
empato

Post by empato »

Seasons change a lot of things, but never heard that they change something in the great demand system. Are you sure about it?
Vpettijohnjr

Post by Vpettijohnjr »

Corstaad wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:28 pm With seasons just ignore great demand. Most of the time it does match with seasonal high prices anyways. Only thing a great demand does is lock in the price for the duration.
Well, in my game silage doesn’t really have much of an arc so it’s not so much the “when”. It pretty well alternates between two prices. One day is X, the next day is only slightly lower.

The reason I’m looking for a great demand for it is I’ve got a bunker full of 1,776,XXX. That’s gonna take some time to empty and I’d hate to see the price tank during that. Been waiting for a GD to avoid that, and it does bump the price a bit, which at this volume is pretty significant.
empato wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm Seasons change a lot of things, but never heard that they change something in the great demand system. Are you sure about it?
No that’s why I asked. I’m sure they didn’t, and I’m just being cautious, but after so long the thought has creeped in enough I want someone to reassure me that it’s just bad luck on what comes into great demand.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

You can look at the economy page. I don't remember now if it does have any curve. But you can see it in there.
Vpettijohnjr

Post by Vpettijohnjr »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:04 pm You can look at the economy page. I don't remember now if it does have any curve. But you can see it in there.
Yeah there’s no curve. It’s up and down day to day. Not a lot (I’d say 10% or less) but it stays consistent. Up one down the next. I’m almost sure it’s just bad luck and I just haven’t gotten it yet, but that hasn’t stopped the doubts from creeping in lol.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Then there is no high seasonal demand for silage. Confirmed by: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... y.xml#L326
Vpettijohnjr

Post by Vpettijohnjr »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:29 pm Then there is no high seasonal demand for silage. Confirmed by: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... y.xml#L326
Aha. So there is no great demand and my fears were correct. I don’t totally understand that at a glance (I’m on PS4, so I don’t really understand the strings working behind the curtain) but does that also mean that the price won’t drop significantly if I sell of almost 2 million liters at one time?

The insight is much appreciated!
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Vpettijohnjr wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:45 pm The reason I’m looking for a great demand for it is I’ve got a bunker full of 1,776,XXX. That’s gonna take some time to empty and I’d hate to see the price tank during that. Been waiting for a GD to avoid that, and it does bump the price a bit, which at this volume is pretty significant.
Are you on PC or console?
This:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

Is a pc mod that should keep your silage prices fixed.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Vpettijohnjr

Post by Vpettijohnjr »

Alagos wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 4:34 pm Are you on PC or console?
This:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017

Is a pc mod that should keep your silage prices fixed.
I’m on console so yeah, that would be out of play for me.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If you keep the conveyors running the price won't drop anyway, and if you can't keep up, save, quit and reload. The prices should reset.
Whether silage (or any crop) has great demands can be set by the map maker, as well as how fast the price drops/recovers.
Most of the maps I've looked at have great demands turned off for silage, which leads me to believe that that is the default.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Vpettijohnjr

Post by Vpettijohnjr »

Hairy Bob wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:10 pm If you keep the conveyors running the price won't drop anyway, and if you can't keep up, save, quit and reload. The prices should reset.
Whether silage (or any crop) has great demands can be set by the map maker, as well as how fast the price drops/recovers.
Most of the maps I've looked at have great demands turned off for silage, which leads me to believe that that is the default.
Yeah, I’ve decided to go ahead and do some testing when I get home. I’ll probably try and sell it off non-stop with the conveyors, and just save frequently in case I screw that process up.

I’m playing on Goldcrest and it seems like there was a great demand for silage before. I played about 120 hours last summer before taking a long break, and then came back about a month ago adding the seasons mod, so I can’t recall for sure.

Worse comes to worst I’ll just load it all up and go put it in my forage silos. I have enough room for it all down at the dairy, and it’s save me a few years of having to make anymore.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I’ve asked before about changing seasons length and I was told winter...would changing mid spring cause any problems? Trouble is I’ve created a monster on Oakfield and there aren’t enough hours in the day now
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Changing mid season shouldn't cause any problems anymore.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ I am on console though?
Furryshrimp

Post by Furryshrimp »

Best change in winter