Seasons Mod Thread #2

jamesadams933

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by jamesadams933 »

I'm pretty sure it didn't, I was harvesting and mixing cow feed through the night. but i did get up a few times for a few minutes, I could test it later today. or maybe Reallogger will see this and clarify for sure lol
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Unless like morning dew or humidity effects it. As wopster show ground moisture even if no rain
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

jamesadams933 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:45 pm I believe straw and hay do decay slowly without rain, i had some hay bales i left on a field over a day, didn't see any rain or snow, but the next day they were all about 100L less
Hay and straw bales are only reduced in volume if it rains.

Sometimes at night you can see the wet crop icon pop up, but neither this nor ground moisture affects straw and hay bales.

If you lost, lets say 140 liters or so I do think there was a short rain shower during the night, lasting an hour. :)
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

Awesome thank for clearing this up, i usually try and get my bales to the shed asap just in case anyway but good to know if something comes up i can let them sit as long as its sunny!
P Friks

Post by P Friks »

Do you now if Sandy bay is seasons ready?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

P Friks wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:04 am Do you now if Sandy bay is seasons ready?
Doesn’t say it is in the mod hub.it certainly isn’t for console but you still get the weather and seasons.you can add seasons to any map but certain features won’t work like bales rotting and snow will fall inside buildings. Simul8 on YouTube is doing a series on it right now
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Why default season mod don'tinclude sugarcane. .. ? I think that default seasons mode should include all crops regardless.... And then there is plenty enought specific to choose from when u wanna get more seriously..
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Colin_TJ wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 am Why default season mod don'tinclude sugarcane. .. ? I think that default seasons mode should include all crops regardless.... And then there is plenty enought specific to choose from when u wanna get more seriously..
Cause the default mod is supposed to give a somewhat consistent relationship between weather and growth. With the default weather there is no way sugarcane would grow.

Why not use the Paraguay GEO if you like to play with sugarcane? Don't have overview of all the GEO's made by others, but there might be some of them that has all the features you are looking for?
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

reallogger wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:39 am
Colin_TJ wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 am Why default season mod don'tinclude sugarcane. .. ? I think that default seasons mode should include all crops regardless.... And then there is plenty enought specific to choose from when u wanna get more seriously..
Cause the default mod is supposed to give a somewhat consistent relationship between weather and growth. With the default weather there is no way sugarcane would grow.

Why not use the Paraguay GEO if you like to play with sugarcane? Don't have overview of all the GEO's made by others, but there might be some of them that has all the features you are looking for?
Paraguay is good but then don't have Sugar Beet.... Was wondering if one day there will be a season mod which will include all crops from game. As i don't care for snow and that bit. I love whole mod: prices, days-months, 4 season of year. And changing conditions of weather etc etc. JUst sad that there are no all crop included...
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I think the seasons should be based upon what map you are using. if sugarcane doesn't grow in Oregon, then that crop shouldn't be there. it's probably beyond the seasons view but of the map maker. maybe fs21d would address this issue. now sugar cane is raised in Alabama so that should be in a southern US map. but however fs19 comes out, I will be happy to play it as is. it's just a game. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
If your on pc this geo should allow all crops.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Which rots faster
loose straw/hay
baled straw/hay
?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Loose straw/hay i think. Doesn't it rot overnight?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I had a pile of loose grass on TVTOF that never rotted.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 pm Which rots faster
loose straw/hay
baled straw/hay
?
In my experience, loose straw in a windrow deteriorates much faster than in bales.

Haven't observed anything with hay, or with piled loose hay or straw.