Seasons Mod Thread #2

IseOlen

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by IseOlen »

RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pmBtw, take pigs for example. You buy 200 pigs then they reproduce. You get 10 pigs. Which means they are young. And although they are young, you sell them with a lot less then the buying price.

None of it works logically I think.
Pigs main value is measured in kg-s, so your logic is flawed here :wink3:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:43 pmBut more important imo are the other missing aspects of husbandry.
You are right. Keeping just a few parameters inside the calculation algorithm and leaving others out wouldn't also be too logical.
I'm pretty sure (actually have no doubt) that you have thought that through in detail. So, I'm not judging your choices.
However, there is this problem I'm having right now.

We can harvest once a year. So we get crop earnings once a year.
And pigs also eat crops.

Now, if I want to use pigs for additional income purposes (considering their reproduction rate) I fail in either one of those incomes.
Because pigs eat a lot. And if I want to earn money from pigs, I need to keep them healthy. This takes a lot of crops, so much so that I couldn't keep most of the crops at hand to sell. In return the pigs I sell doesn't even offset the fertilizer costs for the crops.

And if I choose earning from crops then it becomes impossible to keep a decent pig farm up and running.

From where I stand, it seems that, pigs and crops together works only in huge farms. Like I own the entire Mustang Valley Ranch. This way I can make money from both pigs and crops.

The difficulty level of seasons take a lot of things down onto their knees in game play.
This is just one of them.
I don't complain about the difficulty. I love it. I choose seasons for that reason.
But difficulty and impossible are two different things.

May be I'm making a huge mistake that I'm not even aware of but facing the necessity of choosing between pigs and crops shouldn't have happened.
If it is possible, a solution would be greatly appreciated on that issue (again if I'm not making a huge mistake).
Becuase I didn't get that issue with the sheep or the cows. I took my precautions and kept them healthy with multiple cuts on the grass. And the amount I got was enough to keep them healthy. It is the same with straw too. But not with the crops and pigs. May be tweaking pigs food consumption could create a fair balance. Just a thought.

Thank you for your time and patience reallogger :hi:
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 pm The difficulty level of seasons take a lot of things down onto their knees in game play.
I don't complain about the difficulty. I love it. I choose seasons for that reason.
Thanks for explaining your issue in more detail RODHA.

It took unfortunately a lot of time for us to realize something was wrong with pigs in Seasons. For every update since the first release we have made the profitability better. We got some scattered feedback on this subject, but nothing really solid, and had not time to test ourselves with different setups. :(

After the last release, I did some more changes, being mainly lowering the food consumption for pigs and decreasing the price of pigfood when bought in bulk. In addition I increased the transportation fee for all animals. The net effect of these unpublished changes is that you can run a pigfarm with feeding pigfood in bulk and get a profit. Making your own pigfood will probably earn you more, but this depends on scale and equipment used. So this will come in the next release, but I have no idea whether that release will come to console.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That was what I leaned to when I ran out of crops. Buy pig food from the pig food silo mod.
The pricing was 1000 per 1000 ltrs on easy but as I'm on normal at the moment it is 1750 per 1000 ltrs.

And I needed to buy a total of 84000 ltrs for the entire winter. Becaue I ran out of crops before winter as I don't own a ton of fields at the moment.

Btw, I have 200 pigs. I was able to sell only 9 of them as they had only reproduced that much. But I'm aware that I bought them pretty close to the end of their reproduction period. So, I can't comment on a whole setup around a complete year. But as you said you've made adjustments to make profit in the annual operation cycle then I take it as a fact.

I will continue trying to make profit from pigs and crops at the same time.
But I've to say, considering my observations on their food consumption, annual profits wouldn't also be too much to offset the labor in their husbandry.

I know I say this a lot but I really mean it, thank you very much for your concern and help all the time :hi: :hi: *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Rodha what about greenhouses to add a bit more money, as you get manure from the pigs and just need to add water, I'm doing that with my dairy farm, as at the moment i do not have enough cows to produce enough manure to spread on fields so i bought 2 greenhouses that net me £3,520 daily on hard.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

reallogger wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:11 pm
RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 pm The difficulty level of seasons take a lot of things down onto their knees in game play.
Thanks for explaining your issue in more detail RODHA.

It took unfortunately a lot of time for us to realize something was wrong with pigs in Seasons. For every update since the first release we have made the profitability better. We got some scattered feedback on this subject, but nothing really solid, and had not time to test ourselves with different setups. :(

After the last release, I did some more changes, being mainly lowering the food consumption for pigs and decreasing the price of pigfood when bought in bulk. In addition I increased the transportation fee for all animals. The net effect of these unpublished changes is that you can run a pigfarm with feeding pigfood in bulk and get a profit. Making your own pigfood will probably earn you more, but this depends on scale and equipment used. So this will come in the next release, but I have no idea whether that release will come to console.
Thanks for the work on this. The pig food makes a lot of sense. Most independant pig farms I know of sell crops and buy feed if they run both setups. It's hard to scale for production when the elevator just comes out and dumps in bins. A alternative solution could run mixing station and make pig food like power food. You could make pig food store bought 100% and have the ability to make blends of different quality percents. Would put a whole new level in the equation though.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:40 am ^^ Taco, does westbridge have a snow mask?
Unfortunately No.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

The problem with pigs is that irl sows have on average 10 piglets per litter and can have 3 litters a year. If you had 20 sows to begin the year you should have 600 new pigs every year. From what I have seen so far the birth rate is well below that. But I am only 15 days into a 36 day season on Lawfolds....
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

I'm going to start a seasons TVTOF.... I had a good one going on Woodshire. And I was looking through my mods and deleted ones I don't use hardly.... Went to load up my game and it told me that the save used mods that I had removed.. :frown: So it wasn't going to work right.. So I deleted it... Ugh. So now when I start my new seasons on TVTOF should I start with what I have or should I say that I inherited the farm and was given some money in a will? :hmm:
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proud Console Owner XB1
markare

Post by markare »

Why did you delete it?? You can put the mods back into it and continue where you left off. No need to delete
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

I was trying to make room I'm on consoles and apparently I was at 100% And that big crone grass cutter thing I thought I had it and somehow it wasn't so I had to remove some things to make some space so yeah I don't know but whenever I get back on my Xbox I'm going to start up a Seasons probably 5X either 3 day or 6 day no geo
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proud Console Owner XB1
markare

Post by markare »

I'm on console aswell. But you still don't need to delete your save file. You can keep it and re install the mods when needed. If you are almost full I would advise you to go through everything that's installed and delete what doesn't get used. Maps take up the majority so if you don't have a save for a map I would delete it. I forget what map it is but there is one that takes up almost 20% on its own. That's a massive chunk from a 4gb limit. You won't ever use every single mod so have installed only what's going to be used.
Xb1
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

Is there a way on consoles like when I load up my game and go to mods I see all the mods that I have and I only have 2 maps but I have all these other mods is there a way to go like into settings maybe on the Xbox itself and like take out stuff would that make more room?
Proud Console Owner XB1
markare

Post by markare »

Just go into mods. On the main menu. Also deleting mods won't break your save game unless it's seasons. I delete mods from a save all the time. All it does is take it out and any item of that specific mod will be gone when you load the game up. Been doing this since mods became available and never had a problem with a save game
Xb1
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

I don't know I don't know I just went through and was uninstalling some mods that I didn't use that much or maybe had duplicates or something and I don't know I went to load up the game and it popped up some weird thing that said that it might not work right or something and I was just like stuff so I just said heck with it and deleted it so now I'm sitting in front of my Xbox fixing to load up the valley
Proud Console Owner XB1