Seasons Mod Thread #2

RODHA

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by RODHA »

It might be because sugarbeet is not grown at that climate.
Geo's determine that. For example, if you don't use paraguay geo you can't grow sugarcane.
PS5 / FS22
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Funny thing happened. Might be Seasons issue.
Started new game on hard, so I'm almost always broke. Had no money for baler by wheat harvest time. So scooped the straw with a front loader and poured it in the shelter (because bought some cows ASAP - going for "manure to greenhouse" route).
Everything worked like a charm. Had some rain, even some snow (not enough for snow cover). Then had more snow and... my straw was gone at the same time when snow coverage took place (was "sleeping" at night so cannot be sure at the exact moment). The shelter has proper snowmask - straw was not replaced by snow.
A bug? Seasons or map?
Bootdancer47

Post by Bootdancer47 »

Even if it has snow cap, it has to be inside a building. A shelter with open sides will make straw go away--idea is snow blows through open sided shelters so it is not completely safe from wasting away. I think this is true--if it isn't , I am sure there will be someone to correct me.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Ah, stuff - should've read the manual:
Note that heaps and swaths are not protected by sheds. This is a game limitation. Be sure to always bale your materials.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Another question about loans. Manual states:
The arbitrary loan cap in the vanilla game has been removed and replaced with a loan cap based on your equity, which is the combined value of your land and placeable buildings.
Am I right - "your land" is just owned fields value in their default size? So plowing fields bigger (or actually plowing up completely new fields) will not raise loan limits?
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

AFAIK seasons takes the price of the field as it's value, rather than doing a calculation based on the area.
Thinking about it, I'm not sure how that works for fields that you start with. Presumably they are assigned a value even if they're not for sale but I'm not sure.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

They probably are included in "your land" definition as they become actual arable fields even if you create them. The more land you own means more money you can make thus, you can get a bigger loan. This works the same way irl. Btw, you don't need to own the half of the map to get the maximum loan limit of 1.5M .
On Oakfield I sold all the equipment except the MF 8700, collected all the nuggest and bought some fields (a total of 8) without using the money cheat box and now I have access to 1.5M loan.
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

When is the best time to change season length from 3 to 6 days?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Whenever is normally safe but a lot of people do it during winter just to make sure
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ thanx! There aren’t enough hours in the day on Oakfield farm with those massive fields playing on 5x (which I prefer) on another note Jim bob plays games changed geos on his let’s play on the valley...it’s now spring and he has trees in bloom with a foot of snow still on the ground! I’m sure I read the mod creator said not to switch geos once started??
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

You can switch geos but I believe it takes 7 days to reset to the new geo. And depending on geo snow in spring is not uncommon. It is advised not to remove seasons on a save game
XBOX/ FS22
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Can remove season's game still works fine. Done that on 1 of my map's.
PS4
PS5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Patrick73 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:07 pmWhen is the best time to change season length from 3 to 6 days?
iirc, somewhere in the first seasons mod thread, reallogger from realismus said that the safest time is winter when all crops are withered or harvested.
You can do it whenever you want but if you do it sometime other than winter there is a risk of loosing crops. Thus, winter is the best time.
PS5 / FS22
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

Is there and ETA on the update that will adjust pig food needs? I just want to make sure I get to a certain stage of playthrough before it is out. I am on xbox....
Thanks!
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I'd like to know as well. I'll actually plant corn and root veggies for once :).