Seasons Mod Thread #2

iw_shawn

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by iw_shawn »

Princess hang onto those beans a little longer, the best price factor for beans is midsummer.

That doesn't mean midsummer that is when you wil get the best price every year. Seasons has a different price multiplier for each season transition. It takes the variable price from the base game, and multiplies it by the price factor for the current time of year.

The 3 spring transitions have afairly neutral price factor, because the base game has a low demand, the price you're being offered is below average. This is actually a good sign for your beans, as the price factor heads up to its peak in midsummer, the base game demand should be increasing as well, which means you could get a very good price.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

iw_shawn wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 amyou could get a very good price.
thats the best news ive had all night *thumbsup* srry for being a drama queen.. or.. drama princess rather.. its just a new feature and threw me for a loop.. im running a really tight farm right now and every $ counts.. my eggs were literally the only thing that kept me out of the red by the end of winter lol..
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

Sometimes, like in real farming, you have to sell when the price is lower then you want to keep cash flowing

The challenge you've set yourself sounds very difficult, good luck building your farm up from the ground.

I've went the opposite but similar route in my new save game on Mills County, MR mod, 9 day Seasons. FFWD for an Early Autum start. I sold off all the equipment, maxed the loan, bought a Fendt 939, lemken plough, 6m cultivator, 9m seeder, and a fertilizer spreader, then spent the rest of the loan money buying land. I'm trying to see if I can get the crop in the ground, and lease a combine to harvest it on the added collateral the land purchases gave me.

I think the plays are similar in that the only 2 ways into farming now, are either starting very small, or in debt up to your eyeballs.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Princess,
go talk to a loanshark and get yourself a chainsaw. It's a hard work (should go with your theme) but ROI is excellent. Maybe you can convince the sawmill guys, that it's best to start cutting back trees by the sawmill :P
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

So far I've found the best way to keep money ticking over on seasons is cows & greenhouses (or fruit trees). Until Winter in Year 1 I was all spend and no making no return but now I have a regular income to keep the farm running and the harvest money buys new fields and equipment. I had about $800k in loans before I was able to get my harvests sold at the best price. Now I've cleared that but will soon take it all out again for Year 2 - Project Silage.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

I have a issue. I have seasons and use it for 1 map. But also have another map without seasons running.

My problem is, on the map without seasons running, the help section is blank.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

DirectCedar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:41 am
FordFarmer97 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 am I have a question. I heard somebody talk about doing fall soybeans and harvesting them before winter with the Midwest Geo, does that actually work? I don't see another planting season for beans
What I've read is that you can plant "second crop" beans after early winter wheat. So you plant fall wheat as early as you can the fall before, which will then be ready to harvest the following summer coincident with the very end of the bean planting season. Harvest the wheat quickly and plant beans on the stubble the same day. Those beans will be ready to harvest late that autumn. I haven't actually tried it.
Oh, neat! Thanks
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Skullblits wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 pm I have a issue. I have seasons and use it for 1 map. But also have another map without seasons running.

The entire help section or just the seasons section?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Smith Modding wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 pm
Skullblits wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 pm I have a issue. I have seasons and use it for 1 map. But also have another map without seasons running.

The entire help section or just the seasons section?
i think theres a mod conflict, are you playing on pc or console? i can see the ingame help on my non season map
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Rahkiin posted this: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... -358315957
Contains this:
[minor] When loading a game after Seasons was loaded once, help menu still contains Seasons menu, or contains multiple Seasons menus.
[problem] Help menus were not unloaded properly. They are in the GUI system which does not reload when closing a savegame.
[workaround] Restart console
[1.3.1] Fixed
Maybe it's somehow connected.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

That is definitely connected. Restart the game / console.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

That fixed it thanks
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

How far apart should we set the tree planter to space the trees?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ I usually do the turning circle of a tractor if that makes sense....the worker doesn’t leave a big enough gap imo
empato

Post by empato »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:35 pm How far apart should we set the tree planter to space the trees?
10 meters if they should grow full size