Seasons Mod Thread #2

chaskuchar1

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by chaskuchar1 »

when I have cows to start with on day one of seasons, I usually lose one cow out of the ten like when the map includes cows. I have xbox and there is no feed until you get the first hay on the second day. I think it is second day that you can get a little bit of grass to keep them alive. I play three day seasons so that might affect things. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

RODHA wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:18 am Snow itself isn't safe in the first place. As I'm on PS4, I'm a bit limited on RAM wise. So, too much snow extremely messes up with my map and game play. I really don't like it. I think I'm gonna use Italy or US midwest geo just because they are warmer geos with less snow.

On to your question, I've fiddled around with geo and season length settings a lot just for testing purposes. Didn't really encounter anything problematic or unsafe.
You can turn off all snow in the seasons options menu.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:48 pm
RODHA wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:18 am I really don't like it.
You can turn off all snow in the seasons options menu.
Thanks for the comment Rahkiin :hi:
It was my mistake. I had to be a bit more specific. What I wanted to say is I don't like too much snow. When it is less, it is beautiful and doesn't cause any problems. But when I get all 6 layers (if I'm not mistaken) of it then things start to become a bit glitchy. Thats why I will choose a geo with less snow instead of completely turning it off.
PS5 / FS22
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

^^If I'm not mistaken you can adjust the number of layers in the setting aswell.
XB1/PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Should check this one. I don't remember. Thanks for the tip :hi:
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes nearly sure you can have a single layer.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I know that for a fact on pc you can.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yep, it is off, 1 layer only or on. 3 options.
PS5 / FS22
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Is it normal on vanilla seasons to have snow on the ground till day 6 of spring? Playing 9 day seasons?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Thefisherj wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 am Is it normal on vanilla seasons to have snow on the ground till day 6 of spring? Playing 9 day seasons?
Maybe not normal, but can happen yes. Assume you had a lot of snow during winter and then a cold spring so far? Weather will vary in Seasons as in RL.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

reallogger wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:55 am
Thefisherj wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 am Is it normal on vanilla seasons to have snow on the ground till day 6 of spring? Playing 9 day seasons?
Maybe not normal, but can happen yes. Assume you had a lot of snow during winter and then a cold spring so far? Weather will vary in Seasons as in RL.
:biggrin2: :biggrin2: I has snow on the ground till the first day of summer on a 9 day/season setup :mrgreen:
Admitedly, it was pile of snows dotted all over the map which I created with the snow blower but still, it can stay still for a long time if you are on wales geo or base seasons.
The most frustrating thing about that is if you still have snow on the fields on day 1 of spring you can't fertilize them. I mean you can technically but good luck with that blind flight :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

RODHA wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:00 pm :biggrin2: :biggrin2: I has snow on the ground till the first day of summer on a 9 day/season setup :mrgreen:
Admitedly, it was pile of snows dotted all over the map which I created with the snow blower but still, it can stay still for a long time if you are on wales geo or base seasons.
The most frustrating thing about that is if you still have snow on the fields on day 1 of spring you can't fertilize them. I mean you can technically but good luck with that blind flight :biggrin2:
Yes big piles can last very long :)

With respect to fertilizing on snow: Where I live it is not allowed to spread fertilizer or manure when the soil is frozen or if there still is snow on the ground. Has nothing to do with the game, just for info.. :)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ No, no you get me wrong. as long as the soil is not frozen you can fertilize even if there is still snow on the field.
The problem is you can't see where you are fertilizing :biggrin2: Snow layer doesn't disapper when you apply fertilizer on it.
The only solution I could came up with was to cultivate the snow into the soil to uncover the field first.
PS5 / FS22
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Yeah I had alot of snow and ground temp was -2 on day 5 but day 6 I was able to cultivate.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

ok grass rots or whatever in 2 days?
in reality you dont store grass in a silo?
cows need the grass for better productivity?
you can wrap grass and it turns into silage after 1 transition?
nothing else you feed them will fill the grass slot?
why give grass so little time before it goes rots away?
how do real life dairy farmers feed their cows grass?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .