Seasons Mod Thread #2

aklein

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by aklein »

Some of us folks on PC that have been using seasons for a bit forget the grass stuff a little also. Just finished collecting grass for the BGA. it was late and I didnt want the clock to tick past midnight so i skipped night before i dumped the load. in the morning half the load was gone from the trailer.

Opps.
coolio31

Post by coolio31 »

I tried to keep grass in the Mengele Loader (mod) in a shed but the grass diapeared...
empato

Post by empato »

Grass will rot loose or as bale and also in tippers and loaders (if I`m not wrong the rotting feature in tippers was installed in Seasons version 1.2). Only way to keep grass as long as you like is to put it inside of a mod silo which is able to store grass.
coolio31

Post by coolio31 »

OK thanks for the information
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

Does the daily expanse for this baler seem normal? There is not an engine so their isn't a way to repair it.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I had a new experience with seasons.
A quite fun and profitable one I've to say :biggrin2:

If my experience is not delusional when I buy an equipment (tractor, mower, etc.) I can sell it back with the same price tag as long as I sell it in the same day. And it doesn't matter how much I used it. If you intend to argue against it please just try before doing that because I've tried that a lot of times.

But, that was not the real deal.

This morning I bought the round baler of the BsM's MF pack. It is 12.000 to buy.
Then I've created 32 bales with it. After that I returned it to the shop because I wanted to go for square bales instead of round ones.
I sold the baler for 12.100 :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Seems legit. [/sarcasm]
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
empato

Post by empato »

RODHA wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:06 am If my experience is not delusional when I buy an equipment (tractor, mower, etc.) I can sell it back with the same price tag as long as I sell it in the same day. And it doesn't matter how much I used it.
The working hours should be less than half hour, otherwise the selling price is reduced. And yes, I tried that out
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Did it have half a bale in it?
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

empato wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:25 am The working hours should be less than half hour, otherwise the selling price is reduced. And yes, I tried that out
Oohh, I didn't notice the working hour.
Thanks for that tip :hi: This proves to be a much profitable way then leasing.

@Hairy Bob, nope it was empty, but even if it had leftovers inside I would be surprised they are also sold.
PS5 / FS22
empato

Post by empato »

Are you sure that you really paid only 12000 for the baler. Maybe you customized it a little bit and paid 12100,-
You should always get exactly the price back when you sell same day with less than 0,5 working hours. This always was 100% correct when I tested a machine and gave it back in time.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

empato is right - Seasons logic is "0,5h free demotime" (0.5h real time, not game time). It was lowered from original (v1.0?) 2 hours. With 2 hours you could plow a substantial field (or harvest sugarbeets and sell back beetharvester).
Will not rule out there's something wrong with specific equipment.
Btw - are you sure you didn't modify the baler for 100 when buying? That was also something in v1.0 - you lost money that went into modifying, now you should get the exact money you spent on it.
There are still 2 "shortcuts" with buying+selling new equipment in Seasons:
1. You get free demo time on the same equipment every time you buy it (I have mentioned this also to RM - not logical to 20x0,5h free demotime - the dealer should not talk to you after first 3 :) )
2. Demotime comes with free fuel in the tank (that is OK for me).
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yup, thanks for reminding me IseOlen and empato. I did add the warning triangle. Just remembered that *thumbsup* :biggrin2:
Btw, that demo time is kinda cool feature. Didn't know about that before. But yes, being unlimited is just a bit too unrealistic.
PS5 / FS22
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

We found preventing the multi-demo too much effort for what is just a silly cheat. If you want to cheat there are numerous ways.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^Fair enough *thumbsup* If it is too much effort there is really no need to bother with it. No big deal.
PS5 / FS22