Seasons Mod Thread #2

reallogger

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by reallogger »

Weasle wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 am Maybe Reallogger or someone can answer this.

I want to know if its a seasons issue, or a console issue.

So it finally snowed in winter. I have all the snow and graphics options enabled. But no vehicles leave tracks in the snow, even though it is set to on.

Is it because I am on console?

Thanks,
It is just that it did not snow enough. So there is probably only one layer of snow and then there is nothing to compress so you won't see tracks. In the video you linked in the other post it is maybe the full 8 layers. So this has nothing to do with console. A GEO's is the way to go if you want more snow and harsher winters. :)
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

The tracks are hard to see from the trac, but they are there (get out of the trac and look again). With less snow you will see the tracks when the snow starts to melt. The tracks will be without snow first.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I only get rain in Lone Oak in Winter #1...is it normal or?

I do not have any other GEO activated / in the mod folder.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

It's not a guarantee to snow. Just like real life
XBOX/ FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I actually got some fairly deep snow on Lone Oak using the Midwest GEO. Left lots of tracks.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:52 pm It's not a guarantee to snow. Just like real life
Real life.... we never went 1 winter without it snowing.. and i'm old.. So that is not true that It's not a guarantee to snow. Just like real life
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I agreed. From where Lone Oak is, I'm pretty sure there's snow every winter.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

The Lone Oak map does not include any custom Seasons weather, so when using that map you use Seasons default weather. This means that both mild rainy and cold snowy winters can be experienced.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:57 pm
Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:52 pm It's not a guarantee to snow. Just like real life
Real life.... we never went 1 winter without it snowing.. and i'm old.. So that is not true that It's not a guarantee to snow. Just like real life
Well the part of indiana I'm from we've had winters with no snow. Just because it's 34 degrees doesn't mean rain will be snow. So yes just like real life
XBOX/ FS22
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Just use snowy lands :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I just had to uninstall seasons and reinstall.

I have only the default seasons loaded but all of a sudden my corn planting schedule on the calendar went to first of spring, nothing middle and the last of spring can plant, and harvestable from late summer all the way to winter.

It is suppose to have the same plant and harvest as soybeans.

Also my cows went from 4300 low to 5500 high after loading my save. I was going to buy cows last night so got tired and went to bed.

Came on this morning with no time skips. Cows are highway robbery price and my corn planting window NOT default seasons geo.

Seriously I dont get it.

I dont know how to progress from here to fix my calendar. Maybe take off seasons in winter then reaply seasons to fix it.

I dont have any othe geos loaded. How much would it mess my game up taking seasons off in winter then turning it back on to fix my calendar?

Or leave seasons on and apply snowy lands geo temporarily to show a bad winter then get my default corn window back.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Try changing the number of days per season. I accidentally did that using the US Midwest geo and when I changed back to my normal 6 days, it had changed the forecast and the economy screen. I have no idea what it would do to your planting calendar but you might give it a shot.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:08 pm Try changing the number of days per season. I accidentally did that using the US Midwest geo and when I changed back to my normal 6 days, it had changed the forecast and the economy screen. I have no idea what it would do to your planting calendar but you might give it a shot.
I had already tried that. It didnt work, the number of days does not affect green or yellow bars.

Also, if I dump crop on the ground waiting for high demand, and it gets rained on does the pile reduce or rot with seasons?,, Talking like canola
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Oh sweet now I dont have to worry about my corn calendar messed up. There is a new seasons geo made for lone oak. NICE

Awesome it lets you plant wheat, canola and barely in the winter. More to do.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Huzzah Seasons update 1.3.1 is published! Ongoing kudos to the ever-creative team at Realismus.

Has anyone observed if pig economics are updated in this version i.e. higher reproduction rates so raising pigs with Seasons isn't a cash loss? There was talk of this being changed in this version but I didn't see it in the release notes and haven't had time to test.