Seasons Mod Thread #2

Dexzilla

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by Dexzilla »

markare wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 am Buy one, sell it, buy your amount.
Been covered in this thread numerous times
I tried that with sheep thought I had mis-remembered what to do. Does a trailer matter?, will try again with pigs, thanks.
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
crash

Post by crash »

I harvest my grass once a year, mid/late summer. Do i put on fert once im done or do i wait til spring? Does the grass thath grows late summer/fall wither during the Winter? I mean, if i dont put on fert once im done harvesting and let it grown, and it dont wither during Winter, i cant get i to the final Growth stage?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

This has probably been answered before but I am derpy and forgot. Do I get different yields based on when I silage corn? Is doing it while it is still growing better or worse than waiting until it's ready to harvest?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ok, thanks! New question- I just lost one of my fields to withering, but my question is the day before it was on the first stage of ready to harvest. Why'd it wither so quickly? :confusednew:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Smith Modding wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm Ok, thanks! New question- I just lost one of my fields to withering, but my question is the day before it was on the first stage of ready to harvest. Why'd it wither so quickly? :confusednew:
I believe in Seasons all crops except grass only show the first (yellow) stage of Ready to Harvest through the entire harvest window; i.e. a crop might be about to wither even though it still shows yellow in the map and not orange. IIRC this is because Realismus had to match up the seasons transitions with the crop growth stages, and there were more growth stages than transitions, so the extra two harvest stages were dropped.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I checked into normal hard mode prices and seasons is running in line with that. The economy page is showing around normal mode prices.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

crash wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:32 am I harvest my grass once a year, mid/late summer. Do i put on fert once im done or do i wait til spring? Does the grass thath grows late summer/fall wither during the Winter? I mean, if i dont put on fert once im done harvesting and let it grown, and it dont wither during Winter, i cant get i to the final Growth stage?
You can fertilise grass at any time, just only once per growth stage. Grass keeps one fertilised stage after you mow it, so if you're on 3 stage fert you can fertilise twice, if on 1 then it will always be fertilised once you've cut it.
I usually spread slurry/solid fert after clearing the field, then use a weeder once it's grown a stage.
Grass reverts to the harvested state in winter, it will grow again in spring and should be harvestable by late spring, but you'll get a better yield (50% more) if you wait until early summer, when it should be fully grown and show as orange on the map.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

DirectCedar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm
Smith Modding wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 pm Ok, thanks! New question- I just lost one of my fields to withering, but my question is the day before it was on the first stage of ready to harvest. Why'd it wither so quickly? :confusednew:
I believe in Seasons all crops except grass only show the first (yellow) stage of Ready to Harvest through the entire harvest window; i.e. a crop might be about to wither even though it still shows yellow in the map and not orange. IIRC this is because Realismus had to match up the seasons transitions with the crop growth stages, and there were more growth stages than transitions, so the extra two harvest stages were dropped.
The think is though it had only been ready to harvest for a day though which is what confused me
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
crash

Post by crash »

Ok. I don't seem to get it to the last orange stage. It may be me that can't tell the difference between the two colors, comparing the 3bars with the colour on the map. Field 15 on Oakfield yealds 550.000liters ish atm.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Since this is the seasons thread, I would just like to congratulate Rahkinn from the Realismus Modding team on being hired by Giants. Im sure it's a dream come true and looking forward to the future of FarmSim.
XB1/PC
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

MrSealyp's video on the grass debate. A very good test indeed.

PS5 / FS22
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I'm not sure if this is seasons question or basic dairy feature. Why is it when I put powerfood in the freestall barn for cows it splits it 50/50 into powerfood and hay/silage section. Before I feed powerfood I make sure every feed is maxed out. I'm going through double the amount of powerfood according to a popular seasons spreadsheet. Thanks for any input.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

That's a farming simulator thing, not a seasons thing.
The explanation I heard was that when you mix hay, silage and, optionally, straw, you make total mixed ration, which is not the same as power food, but contributes to the cows' power food.
Afaik it's not possible to make 'pure' power food, but I've read that if you feed total mixed ration, you don't need to feed silage. I find that if I do this then the silage bar fills up about half as fast as the power food one, and I just top it up because I don't like seeing the bars orange.
I'm not sure exactly what changes seasons makes to animal feed rates, and I've never played fs17 without seasons to know if it's any different.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Thanks I just read up on this more!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I'm having a problem with my crop growth, again.
This time it is a bit different.

I'm running a 9 day season setup on the us midwest geo.
I did plant wheat barley and canola on the 3rd day of early spring. They should have grown at that night with the transition but they didn't. Infact none of those crops in any mission fields have grown. Root crops on the other hand have grown. This practically eleminated my double crop chance for the year. Why did this happen do you think?

edit: something much more weird nust happened. My wheat barley and canola fields I've mentioned have grown from stage 2 to stage 4 in just one transition night. I'm watching live at the moment. It just happened infront of my eyes
PS5 / FS22