Seasons Mod Thread #2

TallPaul003

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by TallPaul003 »

Thanks, but I was hoping for something a little more definite than a guess !

Kinda hoping I can turn it off and it won't affect the save game too much
FS17 on XBone
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

It's not a guess, it can break your game, but there is a chance it doesn't.
The same goes for adding Seasons to an existing savegame, it can break it, but that doesn't always happen.

Realismus doesn't recommend removing it from or adding it to an existing game.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

Ah ok, my apologies, I thought you were "one of them" !
I know it's not recommended, just wondered what experience had been had by doing it.
Turning on seasons, I made sure I'd harvested everything knowing that the fields would reset, wasn't sure if there was anything to do if reverting back
FS17 on XBone
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

So I've had something funny happen.

I'm into my fourth summer. About the first summer, I noticed that my two case tractors needed maintenance. They weren't starting funny or stalling, so I thought whatever and repaired them. I decided to set up a little experiment. I have the big NH sprayer and I haven't serviced it since I bought it. There is still no stalling and starts like normal. I'm on lone oak if that matters.

Any ideas?
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

All of my equipment starts having issues if I go past the maintenance required point. Lone Oak with 6 day seasons.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Same with me, usually. But three full years later and the sprayer is fine.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I admittedly haven't read the 180 pages between the two seasons threads on here but I have read and watched a lot of tutorials on seasons and can't find this answer.

What are the numbers at the bottom of the forecast? the top one to the right is the forecast temp correct? but what are the ones under it (9/1, 6/0, 22/3,...)

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Day and night temps
XBOX/ FS22
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

air temp and ground temp, not day and night temps
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 pm I admittedly haven't read the 180 pages between the two seasons threads on here but I have read and watched a lot of tutorials on seasons and can't find this answer.

What are the numbers at the bottom of the forecast? the top one to the right is the forecast temp correct? but what are the ones under it (9/1, 6/0, 22/3,...)
7-31-2018 10-18-19 AM.pdf
The numbers circled in red in the forecast in the attached pdf file are daily high and daily low air temperatures. There is no forecast for soil temperature.
Kappesbuur

Post by Kappesbuur »

It's the same in every weather app or in tv weather forecast. :confusednew:
Playing on XBOX Series S :gamer:
In Germany Rhineland
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I wasnt able to find an answer for this. So for seasons, my crop of canola shows ready to harvest, eg, yellow first harvestable stage, yet when i view it with the scan tool,, it shows like 60 percent tall or growth. If i wait for it to get to 100 percent of height or growth, eg a darker orange, will that give me more yield?

I wasnt sure if it is acting like grass or not and you have to let it get taller for more yield with the standard crops

Thanks
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

No, i think thats like a time frame kinda thing, if you catch my drift, you have 3 stages of harvest before it withers.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Weasle wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:34 am I wasnt able to find an answer for this. So for seasons, my crop of canola shows ready to harvest, eg, yellow first harvestable stage, yet when i view it with the scan tool,, it shows like 60 percent tall or growth. If i wait for it to get to 100 percent of height or growth, eg a darker orange, will that give me more yield?

I wasnt sure if it is acting like grass or not and you have to let it get taller for more yield with the standard crops

Thanks
Even though the crop looks ready (ie has the texture of a harvestable crop) it does not mean it can be harvested. We know this is a bit confusing, but you need to wait until the crop reaches 100% growth (as shown by the Wopstr tool). See also this from the manual:
Crops, except for grass and oilseed radish, are only harvestable in the final stage, unlike in vanilla.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Thank you so much. I cant believe i missed that.

So that means harvest at last harvest stage, eg orange, or when wopster says 100. Thanks.