Seasons Mod Thread #2

RODHA

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by RODHA »

^^ I was just pushing my luck :biggrin2: who knows, may be we could also benefit from that update. A solution on the pigs as explained by reallogger would be much appreciated for instance.
PS5 / FS22
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Think it was more for the mod conflicts that happen on the PC's.
PS4
PS5
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Yup, there is a Straw Addon conflict that I heard had to be fixed with a seasons update.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

No more updates for the console. It’s not a case of we don’t want to. It’s because we can’t.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Nope, not true, but am to lazy to explain it again :biggrin2:

>>Rules<<
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There is an issue of incompatibility between the straw add on and Seasons. Either mod could fix the problem but since it’s far easier for us to release an update, we have decided to fix it on our side.
HoridMatec

Post by HoridMatec »

theSeb wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:08 pm There is an issue of incompatibility between the straw add on and Seasons. Either mod could fix the problem but since it’s far easier for us to release an update, we have decided to fix it on our side.
When exactly will this update be?I really want to play with both season and straw harvest addon, been trying to talk to creative mesh but no response.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

When it’s ready.
Lanzecki

Post by Lanzecki »

Hi,

I've recently converted a non-seasons Oakfield save to Seasons. I made sure I was ready with animal fodder until summer (Farm is mainly dairy). Everything works fine and I'm happy.

Now I'd about 4 hours in to the first day, I was planning for next winter (Trying to workout how much stock I should have by Autumn) and I realised I have an issue, that's of my making.

For ease of use I have a habit of bailing grass, yes not correct, but it makes sense at the time. As I was counting bales I remembered that grass in the field rots away over two days. I've found nothing to tell me that bailed grass in a shed will not do the same.

Will this grass rot? I'm not that worried, But I would like to know. I guess I'll have to plant more grass.

My thinking is that as the cows are effectively indoors 100% of game time (Cows don't eat in the fields), I would store some grass.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Grass bales rot, hay and straw bales will only rot when they are outside in rain, they will never rot in a shed. Hay and grass can be wrapped too, will prevent rotting too.

>>Rules<<
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

What if I say I'm pretty sure a heap of straw also doesn't rot under a roof?
To be more specific. I used a bale shredder on Oakfield at the pig farm.
But as I aimed to the wrong place the loose straw ended up as a heap inside the pig shed.
It wasn't that much. So, I though I would just leave it there and seasons will take care of it.
But that heap never dissapeared or lost any amount. I let 2 years pass in a 6 days/seasons setup. Nothing.
I thought loose material will disappear when it rains even if they are under a roof.
And I have watched the loose straw in my trailer on the west coast slowly disappear while I was driving under heavy rain.
So, what is going on? May be Oxygendavid found a way to keep them safe from rain under the roofs of Oakfield.
PS5 / FS22
Lanzecki

Post by Lanzecki »

Thanks for the quick reply Alagos.

I wasn't aware you can wrap grass without it turning to silage?

This has set me to thinking, I'm in the habit of emptying the Silage Clamp to a shed in the yard. Chaff (when in the clamp) is not touched by Seasons. I think I may have to same issue here. Is my Silage gonna rot?

I guess the solution is stick is back in the clamp?
empato

Post by empato »

Wrapped grass will always turn into Silage.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Lanzecki wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:15 pm Thanks for the quick reply Alagos.

I wasn't aware you can wrap grass without it turning to silage?

This has set me to thinking, I'm in the habit of emptying the Silage Clamp to a shed in the yard. Chaff (when in the clamp) is not touched by Seasons. I think I may have to same issue here. Is my Silage gonna rot?

I guess the solution is stick is back in the clamp?
If you mean hay, that's correct. It won't turn into silage.
About silage, I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be rotting when its in a silage pit, I have never noticed it rotting, anyway. Since you would keep the covered in RL. Opening and closing the silage pits is still something Giants can improve ^^

>>Rules<<
Lanzecki

Post by Lanzecki »

Hi,

No I mean Grass. Cut, Winrowed, bailed and stored in a shed.

I can cope with the grass rotting, it would RL, but having moved the silage from the clamp, I'm worried that that will rot. I'm going to put it back in the clamp and cross my fingers. I think I'll leave a few thousand liters in the shed, and see what happens.