Seasons Mod Thread #2

fenixguy

Re: Seasons Mod Thread #2

Post by fenixguy »

^^^Exactly^^^ I take my time, use in-cab view when I'm not using an implement, back with mirrors (when possible), use turn signals, I don't drive 50mph through a field, I don't take corners like an F1 car...

Here's an example of my driving. I'm taking a load of grass to the farm with the Lizard Twinstar. I got confused where the dirt road was at my corn field, that's why my blinker was on so long. :lol: If the link doesn't work, I'm sorry. I haven't uploaded it to Youtube.

https://gameclipscontent-d2013.xboxlive ... 237347bdd7

Of course, the traffic in the game drives pretty realistic too! This guy got the virtual finger.

https://gameclipscontent-d3001.xboxlive ... ff70c98392
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yep.. the only time i dont run in cab is if im using really big stuff like the 10.90.. im absolutely terrible with the wide stuff.. on pc i used the line on gps just as a guide.. still did all the steering myself though.. a couple small complaints i have though is the mirrors in fs17 r kinda nonsense.. i love my mirrors in ats and i really wish giants would take a page out of their playbook on that one.. and the signals.. i dont use them when driving in cab unless im on pc.. almost every mod vehicle ive picked for pc has working in cab signal lights.. it drives me crazy.. on console i find i really do drive like my grandpa.. signals on ALL..THE..TIME :blushnew:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

I agree: the mirrors need to be aligned properly to the player camera.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Im thinking I'm going to play at 5x/15x and have no workers until I can not keep up the work myself. Will be giving myself £3.2m (what I made and all my tractors, equipment and fields thatvi sold from the sest coast) to buy two tractors probably high powered tractors, as I will be playing with more realistic mod, along with no teleport and no towtruck trying to make it a challenge. Period ploughing on and 3 x time fert and on hard mode.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm I tried to reproduce the solar panel issue but without success. I changed season length: worked perfectly.

If someone can reproduce it with the steps given by @iseOlen, please tell me :)
I apologize to you for sending you on a wild goose chase. On days where the save is started the green words are wrong.If you play through the next day it's right again. Problem solved.
IseOlen wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 pm
@solar-panel variable income.
I have a feeling (not tested) that you get (or maybe it's just marked in financials) variable (lower) income on days where you loaded the game.
This is the answer. I never thought to check the in game finance screen. I was going off the info you receive at the end of the day(sold milk,property income,etc etc) Started my save,looked at finance screen,all days had the same money for property income.I watched the time and calculated the money from when I started playing til night. It was adding up correct. When I got ready to skip night I totalled the hours until 6AM and multiplied by 810 and made note of my total $. Skipped night, put total $ minus milk sold,minus animal upkeep,minus vehicle running cost and so on and so forth. It was right by the math but not by the green words where it says property income under the clock. Played through the next day,skipped night and the green words were right!! So the money is right,the green words are wrong. Hope this makes sense to you all. Thanks for the help.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:11 pmOkay, I'm chiming in again on some things I'm learning/discovering. I'm in late fall of year two and have learned (just as RODHA told me and I didn't want to listen :blushnew: )
Soles2023 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm@fenixguy I'm glad you said something, I've seen all too many people starting to get bored with the down time because I assumed they were just playing on 1X speed doing planting/fert/harvesting etc...
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 pmi just wanna throw my 2 bits in about people having so much down time with seasons..
I've read all your posts and every single bit of them is true. Seasons is enjoyable only if it is used as it is intended to.
If anyone wants to use it just for the visual simulation of different seasons, they will get bored pretty quickly.
That is why I asked back then if anyone wants a LITE version of the seasons and more people than I expected agreed.
What I think is, Giants will implement some sort of "visual seasons" into FS19 while realismus will advance their seasons and offer it as a mod for FS19 too.
That seems to be the most efficient and most reaching (in terms of reaching out more players) solution imho.
PS5 / FS22
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 am I apologize to you for sending you on a wild goose chase. On days where the save is started the green words are wrong.If you play through the next day it's right again. Problem solved.
OK, so my gut was only half(quarter?)-right - financials screen should be OK no matter what. Good to know (Y)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Hello folks.

I made a list of the issues on console and their possible workarounds. (And to show the differences between the PC 1.3 and console 1.3. It is completely uncertain we will ever be able to fix these bugs on console, so it is good to learn about the workarounds.

https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... -358315957
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Thought you might find this useful. The attached is a chart of the Seasons lengths and the number of hours per year - that's real, actual hours that you can play - that you would get based on the multiplier. You can adjust your season length and multiplier to make that time greater or lesser to suit your needs/farm/desires.
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Playing on PC
ivar_

Post by ivar_ »

I got a question. Anybody know how fruit trees work on season? Will I get paid all year?

Tried searching but didn't find anything.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I have a question. I heard somebody talk about doing fall soybeans and harvesting them before winter with the Midwest Geo, does that actually work? I don't see another planting season for beans
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 am I have a question. I heard somebody talk about doing fall soybeans and harvesting them before winter with the Midwest Geo, does that actually work? I don't see another planting season for beans
What I've read is that you can plant "second crop" beans after early winter wheat. So you plant fall wheat as early as you can the fall before, which will then be ready to harvest the following summer coincident with the very end of the bean planting season. Harvest the wheat quickly and plant beans on the stubble the same day. Those beans will be ready to harvest late that autumn. I haven't actually tried it.
PrincessJessi84

ok so i have a problem.. i put together my tiny lineup for altenstein on pc.. 50hp tractor and 50hp or less implents not exceeding 2m width (fert spreader is 8m).. on hard.. only $5k to start and one field (field 2) with no animals or any other equipment.. just the basics needed to plow, cultivate, seed and fertilize that one tiny field.. im loving it.. its an insane grind with seasons on hard.. so i have went through an entire year and have run into my problem.. so when i started i discovered the seasons price screen in the seasons menu (idk how i missed it but i would swear it didnt use to be there) and i looked it over and thought i had it figured out.. it tells u when is the best time to sell.. ok fair enough.. so i look at my beans as thats always my first starter crop on almost every map the first time and i could swear it said the best time was mid winter.. but the next time i checked the chart said early spring would be the best time to sell and i thought "ok ill hang onto my crop all winter but it will be worth it come spring time when prices hit the neighborhood of $1,500+ for 1,000L" well.. early spring came around and i double checked the chart and now its saying around $800 for my beans which doesnt seem worth it at all.. am i missing something? is this chart not a guide for when is the best time to sell my crop??? i thought seasons affected when the best time to sell crops was? or is it still completely random.. im pretty irritated atm.. i cant even afford seed and fertilizer without using the one on the farm and going into negative funds and i was really needing to making that bank this spring.. now i see im going to be hard pressed to make $2,000 off my harvest.. please help :frown:
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Dear Princess:

The Seasons price menu is a record of what the price was at those times last year, and a suggestion of the pattern that the price may follow in future. I've found it to be a pretty good guide. There is a small bit of randomness that mixes it up, and the bigger thing is that great demands (which seem pretty random) also occasionally kick in which will then make the upcoming historic graph sort of incorrect, or make the current price with demand not at all match the expectations of the past year's price history. My strategy is usually wait until around last year's price peak, unless a great demand pops up before then.

Sorry I don't have any suggestion for your current marketing woes other than grind another year :smileynew: That's the point of it all really anyway isn't it? Or of course *cough* edit your save file *cough* and chalk it up to experience :lol: Wish I could do that with my real farm sometimes.
PrincessJessi84

no way i will edit my file.. i made it hard for a reason.. i guess ill hang onto my beans for awhile.. my winter canola is due to harvest soon and hopefully i have better luck with it.. i didnt know how that worked.. i stopped checking the price screen convinced that i was going to get a nice price come spring time.. ive been playing with seasons on pc since it came out but that pricing menu is new to me.. i suppose i could always take a small loan to get some seed and fert pallets.. didnt want to but may not have a choice.. either way im still having a lot of fun doing it this way.. i just kinda had my sights set on a pretty chainsaw for next year.. winter sure was long without animals or a saw
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors