bushes and shrubs

jim&holly

bushes and shrubs

Post by jim&holly »

can small bushes and shrubs be taken out somehow..I cut a road or path thru them but it would be cleaner without them??
SimulatedSphere

Re: bushes and shrubs

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Only on maps that don't have bushes with hitboxes i think.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

huh?? what are hit boxes..on this map when using mover it goes right thru some trees and slams dead into others
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Most maps don’t have removable bushes and hedges. This is something that has only been added recently and only on tvtof and possibly the platinum map from what I have read....on consoles anyway. The only way to remove them on other maps is to edit them out with GE on a PC.
PS4
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

In the GE (Giants Editor) you can change anything except ground foliage like grass and such. The bushes and shrubs you speak of are static objects, 3D models, that can be deleted or moved in the editor, and you don't have to start a new game. In fact, you can move or remove anything on the map, and you can alter the terrain, save in editor, load the map, and your changes are there. You cannot change the grass and foliage that you "paint" onto the terrain of the map, and if you do, you have to start over with a new game to see the changes.

If you're using a stock map that came with the game you first have to create a clone using the mod tools that come with the game. Basically, you open the stock map in the editor and export all with files into the new map folder that you prepared in advance in your mods folder. It is not compressed, zipped so that it can be opened in the editor, but normally played too. Now start the game and create a new save game using this clone map and quit. Now copy the savegame files from the save game folder for the stock map into the new save game folder of the clone of that stock map, and it's just like it was. Now you can open this map in the editor, make your changes, save, and load back into the game and do your thing.

Now if it is a non-stock custom made map all you have to do is extract it into the mods folder. Now move the zipped version to another location because the game will use it and ignore the extracted copy if both are present.

I've modded a lot of games in my days, the Battlefield series is one, but I have to give Giants kudos where due, and it's because they've built a great set of modding tools that are a lot easier to learn and use than they first appear. Now, of course, one must have a PC to do all of this, but by doing so, you will learn the basics of programming.