Rinse Repeat...game needs more, needs a reason

crisfire

Rinse Repeat...game needs more, needs a reason

Post by crisfire »

My kids got this game and I thought I would give it a try and was instantly hooked....ask my wife.

Played it ALOT for 3 or 4 days then I started getting bored.....really bored

Outside of preparing, sowing, harvesting and selling there isnt much going on.

Tried my hand at clearing treees from farm but the wood chipper was touchy to say the least

No idea how to build areas for animals

Cant access farm house, cant upgrade anything besides equipment.

Only two maps unless you get mods but all mods seem to start out with multiple responsibilities when all i want is to start off small and build something.

It got to a point where all i was doing was baby sitting helper zombies becuase they keep getting blocked, or snatched away by aliens or simply kept driving straight into the woods or over cliffs when they should of hooked a strong left or right.

Maybe all it is is a preparing, sowing, harvesting simulator with some clanky and buggy side jobs but after 20 or so hours i was asking myself whats the point, there isnt much of a goal besides getting all the most expensive farm tools.

Could be so much better if this game and dynasty farmer got together and mingled so that there is more outside of rinsing and repeating.
crisfire

Re: Rinse Repeat...game needs more, needs a reason

Post by crisfire »

Also played on PS4 maybe PC version is better, let me know....I really really want to like this game
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I have one word, SEASONS.
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

crisfire wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 pm My kids got this game and I thought I would give it a try and was instantly hooked....ask my wife.

Played it ALOT for 3 or 4 days then I started getting bored.....really bored

Outside of preparing, sowing, harvesting and selling there isnt much going on.

Tried my hand at clearing treees from farm but the wood chipper was touchy to say the least

No idea how to build areas for animals

Cant access farm house, cant upgrade anything besides equipment.

Only two maps unless you get mods but all mods seem to start out with multiple responsibilities when all i want is to start off small and build something.

It got to a point where all i was doing was baby sitting helper zombies becuase they keep getting blocked, or snatched away by aliens or simply kept driving straight into the woods or over cliffs when they should of hooked a strong left or right.

Maybe all it is is a preparing, sowing, harvesting simulator with some clanky and buggy side jobs but after 20 or so hours i was asking myself whats the point, there isnt much of a goal besides getting all the most expensive farm tools.

Could be so much better if this game and dynasty farmer got together and mingled so that there is more outside of rinsing and repeating.
Welcome to the Forum!

You already have areas built for animals. The logos will be marked on the map . Try a hand at cutting grass , fermenting it in a silo and selling it . That earns you a lot of money to upgrade your farm. Giants are trying to do their best at improving workers. I remember playing fs13 and the workers were much worse. Going into a farm house is possible in other maps that are mods. They have to include a lot of detail to make a farmhouse that you can walk around in . There is a way to open doors and gates . You can find button combinations in the help sections . There is a mod called seasons if you want to have all four seasons. With it , you have to do things correctly - like sowing the right crops at the right time. There will be alot of work to look after animals ( cows ). Sheep only need grass . There is a ready pig food mix but you have to pay for it. This year fs19 will be launching around October I guess and it will have hopefully more brands and a new physics engine . Head down to off topic to suggest things or to have a look what will be included in fs19. Back to the game , you can sell eggs to earn bits of money .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

There are small maps and most mods are good. I would recommend the pc version if you had about 600 pound or dollars. There will be many mods that aren't on console due to scripts and they are good.
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Agreed, seasons makes a big difference.

I would also recommend trying some other maps, there are narrow tracked UK maps through to wide open American style, plus all out logging too. On some, farm houses can be explored.

The core elements are the same I agree. To use a cliché, it's about the journey rather than the destination.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

All games are rinse,repeat. This game doesn't force you to do anything you don't want to do. You don't have any body shooting at you or trying to smash you into the wall. It is boring though. BUT it's so addicting it's crazy. Plus for me it's kind of therapeutic. I can play the game and totally relax and clear my mind. Especially planting potatoes. I love planting potatoes. Maybe you'll find your Farming Simulator happy place. Have fun. Farm on.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

The point?!
I just wanted to play with tractors.
1400+ hrs and I'm still turning this soil.

I don't care about getting the most expensive equipment. I like finding efficient ways of working. Once I get a pattern mastered, I'll do it again with different equipment. Trying new stuff is part of the fun.

Seasons is nice if you desire realism. I have 3 saves running seasons. If you are bored with base game, you might want to wait on seasons. It brings a lot of realism to the game, including waiting for crops to grow.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

I have had times when i got bored but since west coast came out i have been roleplaying and my next gamesave i will be challenging myself with no teleport, no towtruck, more realistic, seasons on hard, only allowed one worker when transporting two tractors and two when harvesting due to small capacity trailers
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:38 pm All games are rinse,repeat. This game doesn't force you to do anything you don't want to do. You don't have any body shooting at you or trying to smash you into the wall. It is boring though. BUT it's so addicting it's crazy. Plus for me it's kind of therapeutic. I can play the game and totally relax and clear my mind. Especially planting potatoes. I love planting potatoes. Maybe you'll find your Farming Simulator happy place. Have fun. Farm on.
I totally agree with this. Its so relaxing after rage quitting rainbow 6 siege or Watchdogs :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Just do all the tutorials to get a better grip on the game, after that, play on the base game maps for awhile. Dont be afraid to try out mod maps, if you cant find something jump on here and ask or search for help. And remember, mods are your best friends, they keep the game fresh, I would never be able to spend 600+ hours in a simulator without fresh content coming out every week.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Fauztran

Post by Fauztran »

I don't think we can escape the fact that this game is a grind. Just like in real life. It's certainly a rinse and repeat sort of game.

Mods can add dynamics to the game but in the end, it still feels pointless. No end goal it seems.

I find it's most fun in the beginning when I start with little to nothing and work on building my fleet of equipment, but after a certain point, the excitement is gone. I get bored before I reach the point where I could buy one of those huge tractors.

What I've always felt was missing is strategy and build up. I want to start with no farm and have to buy one. Or buy a house and build the farm around it or buy multiple properties and build around that.

However, in the end, it's still a grind and we just have to accept that. Just the nature of it.
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That's what real life is. You wake up, eat, go to school/work, eat, come home, eat, sleep and repeat. I'd suggest watching how farms work
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

That's what farming is. Rinse and repeat, just like most things in life. Farmers don't do it to get rich. There isn't even really much of an end goal in real life farming. We all play this game because it's something different than most games out there. Farming is the backbone of the planet. And we get to dive into a simulated world of that. The same reason you play GTA or call of duty. It's to enter a world of imagination. And even those games with an end goal. It's still the same. If anything with this game, even if it does get boring, I'd rather play it with no ending. Because once I reach the end of a game, I don't really want to play it anymore. It may take you some time, but if you dive a little deeper into it and force yourself to play it a little more, you'll find it fun and addicting. I seem to learn something new about it every day.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Our entire life is rinse and repeat. What more do you need?
PS4
PS5