Shifting with a gearbox

MarcusSpinner

Shifting with a gearbox

Post by MarcusSpinner »

I have been playing Spintires for a while and in this game the vehicles use a gearbox. In Farming Simulator you only have gas, break and cruise control. I'm really getting the feeling that driving with a stick emerge you more in the game by shifting in reverse or in first or higher gear. Also when you have a steep hill you have to option to shift in the lowest gear with a lower RPM this really gives you the feeling the vehicle is pulling the vehicle itself but also the load it is pulling. In Farming Simulator you just drive really hard and there is not difference between going up a hill or drive really slow and controlled. This way the vehicle feel pretty rigid and not like a heavy load that has problem accelerating. I wish giant would have a better look at how the vehicles drive and handle because with these vehicles they all drive the same, fast of just uncontrolled slow. With a gear box you have the option to make a mistake and therefore accelerating and decelerating. Again I'm on console but this can be used for both computers of course. The pc already has the driving wheel with the navigation system on the side so they can shift already I think but still the handling of the vehicles in farming simulator 2017 needs to be addressed.
Xbox One
FordFarmer97

Re: Shifting with a gearbox

Post by FordFarmer97 »

If they did this, I gurantee some people would complain about it being too hard 😂
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FordFarmer97

Re: Shifting with a gearbox

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.