Seasons mod and livestock

DanL58

Seasons mod and livestock

Post by DanL58 »

Hi guys, I've been away from the game for several months but started again a week or so ago. I know there are a lot of posts about the Seasons mod but can't find anything related to my question.
I started a new game with it set to 3 day seasons but later changed to 9 day seasons and now my sheep don't eat or drink anymore. I am in the first day of winter and I don't expect them to produce wool in the winter but the water or hay level never go down. Will this eventually change or should I do something?
Thanks
CombineBert

Re: Seasons mod and livestock

Post by CombineBert »

From my understanding, regardless of season length, the amount you feed your animals over a year is the same.

For example 10 sheep need 1000L of hay / grass for the year (this is just an example, not actual figures). The amount you can feed them every three days would be reduced the longer the season length. So you would still feed the same total quantity over the year.

Apologies if I am barking up the wrong tree here but that is how I have read it in the Seasons threads.
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

@CombineBert is right on :)
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

reallogger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 pm @CombineBert is right on :)
Many thanks, glad I paid attention in Seasons class :biggrin2:
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Just so I understand what you're saying. The amount that I fed them at the end of the 3 day season will now last them through the entire 9 day season?
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

To a point, food consumption fluctuates with each season. More is consumed in the winter for example. You may need to top up a little.

Current FS19 Maps:
Weefatmonkey

Post by Weefatmonkey »

Hi, can someone plz help me, I have 150 sheep and I feed them give them water and clean them out daily but their health bar is only at 50% all the time. What am I doing wrong? I am playing with seasons on the Westcoast on the Xbox. Many thanks
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

There is a known issue from reading the Seasons threads which will hopefully be soon resolved. If starting out you can buy one animal and then sell it, at a loss, and then buy your normal stock. This is a workaround.

If your herd is at 150 already, the above is not an attractive proposition. It should steadily climb from what I have read but might take longer than normal.

Current FS19 Maps:
Weefatmonkey

Post by Weefatmonkey »

Thank you so we should a update on the seasons mod in the near future
Sundropjunkie

Post by Sundropjunkie »

So if I start a game without season's.... And get animals.... Then save and start up the same game in season's.... Will it work.... if I start a regular game in seasons there's no point in getting animals if you can't get food for the Sheep? Correct or cows..... Am I thinking this through right?
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Proud Console Owner XB1
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

Sundropjunkie wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm So if I start a game without season's.... And get animals.... Then save and start up the same game in season's.... Will it work.... if I start a regular game in seasons there's no point in getting animals if you can't get food for the Sheep? Correct or cows..... Am I thinking this through right?
I have not tried this but the devs posted their recommended work around. It was to buy one animal of what ever flavor you were planning on using, supply said animal with all necessary inputs, sell said animal, and then purchase quantity desired. This would allow newly purchased animals to start off at 80% health as intended.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ l did that on the old stream save,bought a sheep...sold it immediately,bought another and health is up to 81% now (I already had 80 sheep) my cows are only on 76% health as I aren’t using TMR yet
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Workaround for the issues can be found here: https://github.com/RealismusModding/FS1 ... -358315957
These issues will be fixed in an upcoming update for PC, sadly I don't know if we can update for console.
FS19G290

Post by FS19G290 »

This is currently happening to me,
I never changed anything just randomly happened.

My animals cleanliness is always stuck on 0% no matter what I do.
When I feed my animals their food stays the same and never goes down ( same with everything else etc. Straw, water)
Due to this hundreds of my animals are dying,

Does anyone know why?

Thanks! :)
FS19G290

Post by FS19G290 »

FS19G290 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:31 am This is currently happening to me,
I never changed anything just randomly happened.

My animals cleanliness is always stuck on 0% no matter what I do.
When I feed my animals their food stays the same and never goes down ( same with everything else etc. Straw, water)
Due to this hundreds of my animals are dying,

Does anyone know why?

Thanks! :)
[/quote

( I have fixed this issue by uninstalling alot of mods. )