Questions from a real farmer

jim&holly

Questions from a real farmer

Post by jim&holly »

1. How come the sheep pens don't have manure..believe me..they do make a lot of manure..

2. Crop density..looking down on a field of grains..you could drop a large pizza and never touch some grain..is there a way to go in and change seed usage..

3. In America we use chopped corn for silage in a harvestor silo..is there a mod or something to make it more real for us farmers that like realism.

4. How come the chickens don't need food or water ..some maps I played they do??
Thefisherj

Re: Questions from a real farmer

Post by Thefisherj »

1 don't know,
2 I think it's down to textures not sure though
3 I think there are mods out there that do you what u want. But depends if you are on pc or console.
traveler87

Post by traveler87 »

3. I'm American and around me folks use silage bunkers unless they're a small farm. Fs17 is made by a European company in a place where silage is also typically made in bunkers, like plenty of other places in the world. My point is when you say 'realism' that's subjective to your interpretation of what's real. If you're on pc there are digestion silo mods u ought to check out bud

Valid points on the other things. Did you say pizza? Yum
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

1. I've wondered that myself.
2. There's a setting under options (from the main menu) that you can change for crop density. The exact name escapes me, but it's pretty self-evident. If you go too high expect lowered framerates.
3. Here ya go: https://www.modhoster.com/mods/fermente ... nting-silo You'll get digestate out of it too. Works with Courseplay, as well.
4. No idea. I have, however, seen real-life video of farmers spreading chicken manure so this goes with your first question as well.
Playing on PC
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

Here in Western North Carolina we all use bunkers for Silage I guess it's different depending on where you are. Everything else is a good point. Also HPMC I've never noticed that setting I'm going to have to check that out, Any idea if it's on console?
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Definitely not, at least not yet. We can dream though.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

^^ Oh well I got excited there for a minute lol
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

jim&holly wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:01 am 1. How come the sheep pens don't have manure..believe me..they do make a lot of manure..

2. Crop density..looking down on a field of grains..you could drop a large pizza and never touch some grain..is there a way to go in and change seed usage..

3. In America we use chopped corn for silage in a harvestor silo..is there a mod or something to make it more real for us farmers that like realism.

4. How come the chickens don't need food or water ..some maps I played they do??
1) Good question: oversight maybe?

2) I don’t think there is a way in game. The only thing I could think of is fertilizing the fields to get a greater in game density.

3) I think if you use a forage harvester in game, you can harvest the corn as chaff IIRC and then put it in a silo to ferment into silage.

4) I think it is because they took chickens out of the store, so I think they are moving away from tending to chickens in the game.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I wish the sheep had manure, I would have a ton of it
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Yea sheep do indeed poop..! :hmm:
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The answer to question 2 is that its down to whatever crop texture the map maker uses. Some are better than others. If its the default Giants crop texture then yes it looks very sparse and not very realistic. Check out the UK maps like Chellington and The West Coast. They use custom crop textures for some crops like wheat and barley and they look far more dense and realistic.

If you're on PC then there's loads of mods like More Realistic Engine and More Realistic Gameplay that add far more realism to the game.
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

thank you for the replies..will look into them
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

jim&holly: As a real farmer, you should definitely use the mod MoreRealism. It will let you define how much seed and fertilizer to use as well as harvest yield separately for each crop. Be aware, the crop yield defined is the base crop yield you will get, if you don't plough and fertilize. If you do both, you get the double yield compared to the defined yield. Hence, if you plough and fertilize 3 times, your defined yield should be half of your desired yield. However, I don't think this will change the visual density of the crop.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
jim&holly

Post by jim&holly »

thanks..kahfs..will try that
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

While sheep do indeed poop, it's not worth collecting to use as fertilizer (slurry) due to its consistency and low nitrogen content.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.