Farm Setups

ClassicTractors

Farm Setups

Post by ClassicTractors »

I thought I would make a thread about your farm setups. Specifically, which tractors do you like to use?

- Big Bud 450
- New Holland 8340
- Ford TW Pack
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Mobias

Re: Farm Setups

Post by Mobias »

I'm currently playing on the big County Line 4X US map and have 3 Big Bud 747's and 6 JD R9's

Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Mobias wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:47 pm I'm currently playing on the big County Line 4X US map and have 3 Big Bud 747's and 6 JD R9's

Dang that green delicious beast of a tractor
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

not playing any at the moment just finished the west coast now waiting for Oakfield farm to come out and Tazewell county Illinois Version 2 to come out. My oakfield farm setup is going to be 1 case quadtrack (696hp), 1 JCB Fastrac 8310 (310hp), 1 John Deere 7280R (280hp), 1 Merlo turbofarmer telehandler, 1 Claas scorpion 7055 telehandler and the case axial 7130 combine.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I like the open exhaust tractors, like the NH 8340 end the little Case IH; they sound so good *thumbsup*

Also like the Zetor Proxima, because of the revving when starting up... :)
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Well my favourites are New Hollands so there will always be one on my farms. Saying that got a stock T.7 and T.8 on my operation on the West Coast at the mo.

Recently started getting mods (I like to go as long as possible without and then give in and get tonnes!), and I'm in love with both the TW pack and the JD 7030 on Modhub, odd because before I've not really seen much appeal in getting a John Deere (I'm sorry!! But I've converted ;) ).

And I've got the MF 240 (with cab) at the sheep farm just for the fun of it. Not really big enough to do much with but it's cool to have around.

I'll probably get some bigger machines when oakfields out. Finally use the challengers in the game. And I've got Claas Axions lined up to use as well.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Farm setup, that is a big question. I often do a pre-game setup, where I estimate, how large a stock of animals my fields can feed, how wide the implements should be, based on the farm size, and then finally, how big tractors I need. Very often they don't need to be nearly as big as I used to think. I divide the tractors into farm and field tractors. With implements often no wider than 6 m (playing mostly British maps with small fields, total less than 20 ha), my biggest tractor would be about 250 HP (e.g. John Deere 6R, Case or MF 7700). Then a second field tractor of 180-200 HP (e.g. Fendt Favorit 800 or Ford TW 35). Then a larger farm tractor at the dairy farm, that can also pull a front mover and a forage wagon (150-200 HP, could be any brand) and finally, a smaller farm tractor for the pig farm and narrow wheels for potato hilling (130-150 HP, e.g. MF 5600). I try to have tractors of different ages. I also sell off starter fields and buy others, if they are not suitable for my plan. My pre-game setup sets up a game as if I had been farming on the farm for several years. This is my way of getting to experience more of the map, and see its full potential. So I start out with a full stock of animals, crop in the silos, and bales in the barn. So why not the game of earning your money the hard way? Because the money game in FS is as unreal as it can be. On hard level the field prices are 3 times higher than real life, wages 100 times more, a cow costs 5000€ !!! Never understood why playing on hard level should be so unrealistic. There should be an alternative playing mode, with a realistic economy.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Guil

Post by Guil »

Have you tried seasons and the MR mods?
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

I have just started my second year of my dairy operation on The Weat Coast, I like to play as realistic as I can so I am running a MF 699 for hay and lite farm work, a MF 3090 for row crop and field work and a MF 240 for yard work. I'm also running a Case 1660 Combine and a lizard 24m sprayer. I'm poor as of right now that's what I'm stuck using. I'm hoping the NH TS is affordable for me if they make it out of testing.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Currently on Westbridge Hills being a new game I only have a Case Puma, Magnum and the Axial Flow 7130.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

On the West Coast i have a quadtrac , nh with tracks , nh combine with tracks , burher thing , 4 new mans , one fendt vario ( old one) , one fendt ( old one )
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

Currently playing Tazewell County (fallen in love with that map), with a mainly Case setup, a Magnum, Optum, and Maxxum. I needed a change as I always end up with a Massey 8700 as I like a cabin with a glass roof, it just feels nicer to me if I'm in first person.

Thinking of going with Fendt for Oakfield though, or maybe Claas as I'm quite partial to a Xerion 5000, good power and great mobility with it's 4 wheel steering.
High Cotton

Post by High Cotton »

I like to start with older smaller American equipment. I like to play with mostly one brand of equipment. This save game its IH/CaseIH. Next it maybe Deere or Agco. The current save game I started with a Steiger panther, international 1586 and 1466, Farmall 806 and 1206, and a International 1460 combine. Now that I started to make money I upgraded to a 2388 combine and traded off the 1586 on a early magnum 200. I will eventually end up with a couple Steiger/quad track 600’s and 9240 combines. Then I’ll find a new map and start over.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Depends on the map. I'm playing The Valley at the moment and I have the starting NH 8340 and a Valtra N174. Those two will do nicely for quite a long time. If I get into pigs, I'll probably keep a little Massey of some kind to tend to them.

On Estancia, I was using the Case 1455, a Satra 180, and a Kirovets.

On my Lawfolds farm, I was using a Quadtrac, a NH T9 and T8, and a Valtra T254? (I think).

On CPF, I was using only Fendt tractors.

I really want to play a map with only 100hp and smaller tractors sometime in the future.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Currently playing two maps; Westbridge Hills 17 and Bjornholm 17.

Westbridge was started just after the Ford pack and TW pack were released and I went with an all Ford theme. Started with a TW35 and County 1884 for several years just growing grain. When I got into sheep I added a 7710 for sheep chores, and put skinny tires on it to run the spreader in-crop. The big Fords were great but neither had front linkage and as the sheep operation grew I wanted a big tractor with front linkage to run a larger mower. So I traded the 1884 on a Ford 8830. Still have it with now over 100 hours on it. Then the grain operation kept expanding along with the sheep and added some dairy, and needed more ploughing capacity. So I traded the TW35 on a Ford 8970 with the idea of pulling the big Lemken plough, at the same time that I bought a Ford 8630 to do the dairy chores and help at haying time. The 8970 mod unfortunately is not great and the tractor is tippy and twitchy so that only lasted a year. Traded it on a JD 4850 with front linkage and am happy as a clam. The 48 is as great a tractor in game as it is in real life where my bought-new-in-1984 out in the yard is still a daily runner. However it irks me that it doesn't fit the Ford theme so I am looking for something similar but in vintage blue :-)

Bjornholm I went all Scandinavian in keeping with the Nordic theme. I tried the Sweden GEO mod but it is so frigging cold that nothing will grow in the spring :lol: The big tractor is a Valtra N series Suomi 100 edition, the second is a Volvo BM 814, and the little guy is a Valmet 604 Turbo with duals all round. The big two plough, the N cultivates and carts, the Volvo drills and carts, and the Valmet runs the spreader and pulls a Cambridge roll behind the seeder. The big two are also amazing logging tractors, with a loader and grapple on the Valtra and the vintage Massey 3pt grapple behind the Volvo. I have been logging like mad the first several winters to keep the banker away. Working towards adding a hog operation so the next purchase will be some additional grain storage at the hog barn to lay in feed before filling the barn.

Just love this game. Writing about it makes me want to play more :biggrin2: