Courseplay questions

Joepineapples

Courseplay questions

Post by Joepineapples »

Couple of questions

1. Is each course set up only available for the vehicle it was set up in? Eg A combine emptying route set up in a JCB fast trac will only work in that vehicle and not in a Challenger or any other tractor?
2. After setting a course and saving it the vehicles steering won’t self centre and is undriveable unless I restart game. Doesn’t matter what vehicle any idea why?
Platform: PC
Hairy Bob

Re: Courseplay questions

Post by Hairy Bob »

1. If you save the course, you can load it into any vehicle. I often record transport routes in a pick up, because it's easier. Just have to remember to slow right down for corners and make wide turns to account for the trailer.
2. Not sure. Are you saving the course after sending the driver on his way? I noticed something similar happening with a Dev version of courseplay (can't remember which one) but the one I'm using now doesn't seem to have an issue, although I've got in the habit of saving once I've checked the course looks reasonable.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I had the steering problem too. I found it to be caused by having "freeSteering" enabled within Drive Control
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

I had #2 as well, and BostonJohnny is right on. Press 'M' and it'll go back to normal.
Playing on PC
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

If I turn left or right then let go of the steering wheel, the steering wheel self centred but the vehicle wheels stay turned. If I turn in the opposite direction the wheels go full lock that way etc which makes the vehicle undriveable until I restart the game.
I will have a look at drive control settings
empato

Post by empato »

For sure that`s the free steering. I always remove the keyboard function in the settings to avoid that I press the button by mistake.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Adding to nr1 - you can use the same course for different things. For ex:
1. Create a course with a harvester to harvest a field.
2. use the same course to pick up straw (baler or wagon).
or
1. Create course to mow grass
2. Use the same course to tedder, windrow, pickup (just mind the width of implements - start small and go same or slightly bigger in next step). You can actually use wrapper too but (especially with round bales) you will miss some.

The same goes for plow, cultivator, sower, fertilizer - if you have the same width implement.
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

Thanks for the advice
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

Problem solved thank you