Missions

Turbojugend

Missions

Post by Turbojugend »

Who else here loves them? I realize I could probably be more productive spending time on my own farm, but I enjoy exploring maps and meeting fellow farmers, doing odd jobs, etc. Plus there's the reward of knocking their farm price down when it's all said and done. :biggrin2:

Do most people avoid missions and stick to their own farming business, or are missions a useful part of the production cycle?
heyimbill.com
Thefisherj

Re: Missions

Post by Thefisherj »

I did use them when I wad playing the west coast but as i wad playing with seasons there was not point due to low rewarding price, but did on one field to get the price down. I might and see if i do it on oakfield but as I'm going to make myself that I can't have workers until I can't keep up with the work.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

for me it depends.. using seasons there isnt much direct payoff in terms of cash.. but if i know im in the market for another field i will find a field that i want with a crop i want that isnt at 100% growth.. then i get a fertilizer mission using that big 36m pull behind fert spreader.. i get a few hundred $ for a couple minutes work and a free fert stage for the sown field im fixing to buy not to mention a slight reduction in the price of the field.. its really a win all the way around.. now on my small farm (altenstein) i tend to run a really tight budget and ive found going around doing a handful of fert jobs gives enough money to buy a pallet of seed or fert for the farm which is really useful if funds r low.. then later down the road i have a bunch fields with all 10 missions completed for purchase.. another win for my small farm
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

I do a huge amount of missions, especially early on in a new map. It keeps me busy in the early days of a new farm, earns some money, and of course improves my standing with my neighbours. As my farm ramps up in size and activity, I do fewer missions to the point where I'm rarely doing any.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The only map I've done a lot of missions on has been The Valley. Every field is owned by the same person so I now have a discount on the entire map. Other than that I don't mess with them. I did in the early days of FS17 just to try out the equipment they give you.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
MrFendt87

Post by MrFendt87 »

I love them, same as you I like exploring in between my own farm jobs. As I am playing the West coast on hard with seasons they are not that giving in terms of money but hey, I want their land. I also like that when you go to do a mission it will give you mod tractors, equipment etc.
XB1 | Oakfield Farm | Hard mode.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

u know.. its really funny but until last week i had never gotten any mod equipment for any missions.. then on altenstein i did some fert missions to make money to pay for a pallet of fert (imagine that right!?) and it gave me a mod fertilizer spreader with a 26m spread for a tiny field.. i was done in like 15 seconds cause evidently even with a 26m spread the modder put the spreader in the size 1 category where u would normally have in the neighborhood of a 12m spreader.. but yea.. since then i got to use a mod tractor and even got to use the big 36m pull behind mod spreader which was cool
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
MrFendt87

Post by MrFendt87 »

One of the tricks I use is keep clicking on the mission if I don't like what I see I decline the mission and click on it again, I found this out when as like you wanted some fert and It gave me a big bud for a field on the West coast.
XB1 | Oakfield Farm | Hard mode.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I used to avoid missions, but they are really helpful on my Altenstein save, and I agree, being able to save money in the end is really nice
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

I'm going to try contracting on Oakfield...
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

I only wish they had a bit more variety. I want to believe in my fellow farmers, but when the same guy asks me to fertilize his field because it's his daughter's first game in goal 13 times over, I tend to get a bit skeptical. :lol:
heyimbill.com
SimulatedSphere

Post by SimulatedSphere »

Or that a man has a party .
XBOX ONE S ( I don't have limited power :biggrin2: )| FS17 | UK
Just waiting for FS19!
I play with as much realism as possible :wink3:
XBOX ONE S ¦ On Estancia / Sussex Farm / Oakfield |FS13 , FS15 , FS17
Thank you to all modders out there , the game would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
Thank you to Giants as my Xbox would never be the same without you!😎 :hi:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Turbojugend wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:32 pm I only wish they had a bit more variety. I want to believe in my fellow farmers, but when the same guy asks me to fertilize his field because it's his daughter's first game in goal 13 times over, I tend to get a bit skeptical. :lol:
ya exactly :lol: :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer