Who's using the More Realistic mod?

DirectCedar

Who's using the More Realistic mod?

Post by DirectCedar »

Thoughts, feedback, likes/dislikes?

I've only tried it for ten minutes on a heavily-modded existing savegame and it appears to only impact the vanilla equipment that it was prepared for, so my experiment did not produce much to report. Thinking of starting a new vanilla game on GCV with MR to give it a fair shake. The description of the mod sounds awesome.
Thefisherj

Re: Who's using the More Realistic mod?

Post by Thefisherj »

Yeah I'm trying it out when oakfield farm comes out. If you go on fs-uk.com there's a section for Mr, and there's a link to a website that holds xml folders for alot of mods.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

It was pretty much the first mod I downloaded for my new PC last week. Bit of a mixed bag for me. I love the way it works most of the time, the way it makes tractors behave is far more realistic, for the most part, but it needs a bit of tweaking I think. Its brutal on hills from what I can see. You need a huge HP tractor for a relatively small cultivator. Even Big Bud struggles with the huge seeders and goes along at a snails pace on a flat field.

The fact that its not applied to all mods also makes it a bit random. Sometimes you download a nice modded tractor or combine and its got MR already built into it and sometimes it doesn't. There's a large database of MR mods and I try to follow that and may have a got it installing an MR mod into an existing tractor at some point.

Giants should definitely put some sort of version of it in FS-19 for sure. After Seasons its probably the most game changing mod I've used. You would need to have the ability to turn it off though for people who want a more 'arcade' style vehicle handling experience like we've got at the moment. Its definitely not something thats for everyone.

There's also the MR gameplay mod which I'm going to have a look at when Oakfield gets released. I'm not overly into anything that makes the game a bit of a chore or grind though.
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

MoreRealistic, Seasons and HARD difficulty, no money cheats, at the beginning of the game delete most of the technique and leave only the necessary minimum - these are my lego cubes game I really enjoy. It's a simulator, and nothing is free in life ... :coolnew:
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

Using it and loving it. Sometimes it's brutal, but it's not a failing of MR, it's based on real physics, the main problem is that we can't adjust implement depths, or account for different soil types. I believe the latest version (beta) introduces a 'soilDraftForceFactor' that allows this to be tweaked (either globally, or within a specific map). Much more info over on fs-uk.

Great post by Dural here: Why tractors are so slow playing with "moreRealistic" ?
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Cardos wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:11 am Using it and loving it. Sometimes it's brutal, but it's not a failing of MR, it's based on real physics, the main problem is that we can't adjust implement depths, or account for different soil types. I believe the latest version (beta) introduces a 'soilDraftForceFactor' that allows this to be tweaked (either globally, or within a specific map). Much more info over on fs-uk.

Great post by Dural here: Why tractors are so slow playing with "moreRealistic" ?
But as bulletbill has stated it's still far from realistic values as he struggles with equipment and tractors that won't work in game but he uses them fine in the real life.
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

I thought that was explained well by Dural and prompted the introduction of the 'soilDraftForceFactor' change.
JPS

Post by JPS »

I have tried several tractors with it, but have found it to be anything but realistic. So it was out the window within 24 hours.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Cardos wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 am I thought that was explained well by Dural and prompted the introduction of the 'soilDraftForceFactor' change.
Think so, but I'm starting to think not to play it, as I just seen simul8 have 70% wheel slip, with a challenger tracked tractor with the 6m vaderstad seeder.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

The idea behind it is great, but it`s really far away to be realistic, so I removed it from my mod folder.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

I think giants engine is half to blame, wouldn't mind if half of Mr is pit in to the base game.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If you read the thread linked above you would see that in quite a lot of cases it is actually not the MR mod or the game engine that is to blame but the design of the maps.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

It is true, you have to get used to a reduced set of tractors and implements. But it is growing. The biggest benefit using MoreRealistic, is that you can define price levels, material density, crop yield and seed density, and - you can do it differently for each map. This way you can define the crop yield and prices to match the country of the map you are playing. To me, that is what MoreRealistic is all about. Fantastic mod. Without it, FS is mostly a Tivoli game, absurd high salary for helper, absurd sell prices of almost all crops. 1000 L sugarbeet sells for 20-30 €, not 150 - 200 €. A cow does not cost 5000 €. You can tell yourself and others, that you are playing without cheat mods, but, without real life prices and real life crop yield it is all cheat. Even MoreRealistic comes standard with these inflated prices.That is my only disappointment with MoreRealistic.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
farmertuck

Post by farmertuck »

I want to use it but I’m playing a fairly steep map
It seems like a good mod but needs to be able to be used in modded harvester and equipment
I play FS19 on PC!
Using a Logitech G29 and Saitek side panel.
Also a farmer IRL
Sir Ironoak

Post by Sir Ironoak »

MR on Hard without moneycheats, usually with at least a 12 day seasonlength.

Absolutely loving it! MR is an awsome addition to the game in my opinion.

Now, I'm waithing for the Oakfield, and most of all, Lone Oka Farm-map that will allow for starting small and grinding to grow, year after year.