Stump limit

Farmer216

Stump limit

Post by Farmer216 »

I've been doin an insane amount of logging.
Figured I'd cut down the stumps when I was done.

Got to a point where my game would crash when I was trying to save.
34 stumps per row. 20 rows. 680 stumps.

Anyone else had this issue?
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
RODHA

Re: Stump limit

Post by RODHA »

Stump limit? Seriously? :lol: :lol:
Even this has a limit huh?
I mean they all had the trees on top of them and everything was fine back then.
I assume this is the reaction of mother nature against cutting down trees, even in a game :biggrin2:
Gosh, this is so ridiculous.
Last edited by RODHA on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

What did you do with all the logs?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Those are not my logs but what I did with my 232 logs in TWC is I put them into a silo (woodchips) and I'm waiting for the winter to make a fortune. At least I hope it would be a fortune :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
empato

Post by empato »

In my actual savegame I cutted around 5000 trees, but I`m always using the stump grinder to delete the stumps.
I used most of the logs for pallet and carton production. Rest of it was sold at the sawmill.
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 am Those are not my logs but what I did with my 232 logs in TWC is I put them into a silo (woodchips) and I'm waiting for the winter to make a fortune. At least I hope it would be a fortune :biggrin2:
Sorry I meant that for the op, lots of logs lying around cause a lot of problems with lag etc.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

No, I understood it the first time, I just wanted to crash into the conversation. But the issue with the logs creating lag and stutter was a while back. I guess Giants made some adjustments for it. For example, I've just cut down 123 small and mid size trees with the Sampo harvester and cut them down into 6m lengths. Which should be over 200 logs lying on the ground in very close proximity on TWC and I'm not even gettiny any fps drops. And TWC has over 12k trees which already creates some fps drops at certain points. I'm not afraid of cut logs anymore but still very scared of planting trees too close together.
PS5 / FS22
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

Guil wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 am What did you do with all the logs?
The first 5 of each row are being run through the woodchipper.
The remaining 29 are being deleted with the Rabaud mulcher. (I don't need the $, I just want my field back)

I've never saved when logs were loose. It seemed "incomplete".

I just assume that its easier for the game to remember a tree. There are only a few options for a tree's growth state. But each of these stumps has a variable height, the game has to remember how much "wood" I left above the ground surface, and the angle it was cut.

I don't know specifically that 680 was the "limit", that's just the point where it started constantly crashing when I tried to save.

FWIW, I grinded all stumps. It saves quickly again! :)
I'm only doing 3 rows before stump grinding.
(About 100 trees at a time)
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Thanks guys for reminding me why I don't do forestry on this game. I've cut the most trees in the last week since BSMs tree-deletion tool came out than I ever have before. Just combining fields and getting more sunlight to my crops.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I want to do the same fenix but I just can't convince myself to ignore the money I would loose on the logs and woodchips :biggrin2:
Thats why I'm waiting for BsM's new platform grinder that can chew and entire tree with it's branches :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I look at it as I'm just getting rid of the trees and giving the wood to a neighbor. I mean, they put up with me spreading slurry while they're trying to eat breakfast... it's the least I can do.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!