Black sheep modding thread #2

reallogger

Re: Black sheep modding thread #2

Post by reallogger »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 pm I don't think I'll be playing SMCF again. I have already put 20 hours into the map. I plowed fields together, planted wheat for straw and corn for chaff. Summer rolls around and I cut fields 42 and 31. I got the pottinger(sp?) tedder and started to make hay. The grass didn't change. It's still the same green color. I tried switching tedders, same result. It bites that I put this much time in just for this to happen. I don't have crop moisture on either.
This is not related to the map, but actually Seasons. After looking into this, I found a small bug which means the tedder is not affected by the option to turn moisture on or off. The tedder will drop grass even if you have turned moisture off (and the crop is wet), however with moisture off you don't see if the crop is wet or not. Amazed that it has not been discovered before.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Good find reallogger. now he knows why it wouldn't turn. and it's not the map. Thanks again for the info even know I never turn off the crop moisture
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

So how is moisture determined? It hasn't rained once on this map so far. I hate to seem contrary, but it's very frustrating.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Realogger was right. I turned crop moisture on and the ground is wet. Well that bites. I've never had this happen and I've reached the bale limit a dozen times on other maps. Thanks.

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:19 pm That's not true at all. Glitches are dependent on a myriad of factors. I've had playthroughs of games where I haven't experienced any glitches when everyone else was, only to start experiencing them in another playthrough later. Not all glitches happen to everyone every time. I never once saw a dragon fly backwards in skyrim, but a ton of people did. That's one example.
Well, it seems it was true after all...
PS5 / FS22
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:24 pm So how is moisture determined? It hasn't rained once on this map so far. I hate to seem contrary, but it's very frustrating.
Not related to this thread at all, but since you ask here is a brief explanation. This feature is part of the environmental simulation that is coded in Seasons. Crop moisture is generally based on two parts.
1. As long as it rains, the crop is considered wet (in current version of Seasons the moisture content is 25% as long as it rains)
2. As long as it is not raining a decay function is applied to update the crop moisture. The decay rate is a function of solar radiation and the relative humidity in the air. Solar radiation is based on date of year, angle of sun above horison, cloud cover etc. Relative humidity is calculated based on dew point, daily high and low temperature, whether it rains or not etc. In addition some constant wind drying effect is taken into account.

As long as the crop moisture level is above 20%, the crop is considered wet. Due to the physics applied crops dry faster during summer, than in spring and autumn. Based on weather, crop moisture can also increase during evenings and nights, tipping the moisture level above 20%. However, it should then dry within a couple of hours in the morning.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please ask in the Seasons thread. :)
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

RODHA wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 am
Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:19 pm That's not true at all. Glitches are dependent on a myriad of factors. I've had playthroughs of games where I haven't experienced any glitches when everyone else was, only to start experiencing them in another playthrough later. Not all glitches happen to everyone every time. I never once saw a dragon fly backwards in skyrim, but a ton of people did. That's one example.
Well, it seems it was true after all...
Not really... Considering how many hours I have played in seasons, and I just encountered this bug for the first time. That lends credence to exactly what I was saying.

Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

reallogger wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 am If you have any further questions regarding this, please ask in the Seasons thread. :)
Thx I will *thumbsup* And thx for all your help. :smileynew:

Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I'm thinking about downloading this map but I herd it was laggy around the forestry area I just wanted to know if it is. The map looks good the south mountain creamery farm.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Packed up high fir tree forests create fps issues on all maps and it is the same in SMCF too. But it is not a deal braker.
Besides those types of perf. issues always depend on your rigs computing power. I suggest you download the map and check it out yoruself on your system. That would give you the best result.
PS5 / FS22
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

Yeah I downloaded it i started logging on it last night it's not really lagging to bad it's really nice map. Thanks for the reply Roda
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

I got your name spelled wrong rodha dang spellchecker thanks for the reply I did notice that I can't turn traffic off its not a big deal though. Now all I need is that skidder lol
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ No prob *thumbsup* Happy to hear that your like the map. It is really a very good map.
Btw, I didn't try turning traffic off but you should be able to do that :hmm:
PS5 / FS22
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I can't turn traffic off either, but it's no deal breaker, I really like this map.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I have to say I gave up on the map. If I never hear that song again, I'll die happy. My wife begged me not to go near the store. The cow sounds really got old very quickly. It was laggy in parts and the scenery was dull and devoid of realism. And don't get me started on the people. I was committing a manslaughter charge every time I washed my vehicles. Unpopular rating: 1 out of 5