Black sheep modding thread #2

fcdrifter13

Re: Black sheep modding thread #2

Post by fcdrifter13 »

I really like the Old Generation Pack but I am having a problem with the 27 foot header. It does not cut the full width. I uninstalled all of my mods to make sure that it was not a conflict issue but it is still there. It cuts about 1/2 - 3/4 of a meter inside of the header on either side so the work area is only as wide as the harvester itself.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Omniplasma

Post by Omniplasma »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:10 am I really like the Old Generation Pack but I am having a problem with the 27 foot header. It does not cut the full width. I uninstalled all of my mods to make sure that it was not a conflict issue but it is still there. It cuts about 1/2 - 3/4 of a meter inside of the header on either side so the work area is only as wide as the harvester itself.
I noticed that as well but never paid too much attention to it
Xbox One FS17 Player from the US. Gamertag: Omniplasma
Fellow farmers needed.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

OTL Logging Company wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:01 am Image
Does that monster actually work? :shock:
And is there any advantage to this setup in terms of practicality or speed?
PS5 / FS22
Farmer216

Post by Farmer216 »

I'm a little disappointed that the Rabaud stump grinder can now grind stumps without touching them.
I play on Xbox3 (Which they called the "One" for some reason)
Addicted to Farm Sim since: 6-26-2k17
FS17@ 5,336hrs ~ FS19@ 3377hrs (updated 2.18.21)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ It was already capable of doing that before. But you needed to find a sweet spot on the tree to make it happen. However that is the actual "deleting" function. Before the update, if you can't find that sweet spot, it was deleting most of the upper parts and leaving a huge stump for you to grind. But if you get that sweet spot, the tree was being deleted completely. At least that was what I've experienced over 1000 trees.

I didn't try the updated one yet but as far as I can see from the update video of BsM, it seems it is pretty easy now to find that sweet spot and delete the entire tree at once. Which is a great thing imo if it works like that.
PS5 / FS22
OTL Logging Company

Post by OTL Logging Company »

RODHA wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 am
OTL Logging Company wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:01 am Image
Does that monster actually work? :shock:
And is there any advantage to this setup in terms of practicality or speed?
There is, once the top one is angled right you don't have to move or adjust, you just drive against a tree. I was having the issue with just using one grinder that I'd bump a tree and it would cut/remove it but for the stump I'd have to back up or move my attachment around before moving on to the next tree.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ I thought the "complete deleting" issue was resolved with the update.
On the previous version, there was a sweet spot on every tree. If you hit that sweet spot it starts to grind the whole tree without even touching it and in a couple of seconds the whole tree (including the stump) is gone.
With the update, I thought that would work even if you don't hit that sweet spot. At least thats what I saw in BsM's update video.
So, you delete the top portion of the tree with the upper xylor while you are grinding the stump with the lower one right?
PS5 / FS22
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

I like this Setup, i.m always searching n using strange Equipment Setups! ^^ 👍

^^

I think its different @Rhoda,
the lower one problably deletes the Tree and the upper one is for grinding the Stump.
This would fit to my Experience with the Rabaud, because it needs some Room for Stump Grinding since the last Update.
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]:
OTL Logging Company

Post by OTL Logging Company »

RODHA wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:17 pm ^^ I thought the "complete deleting" issue was resolved with the update.
On the previous version, there was a sweet spot on every tree. If you hit that sweet spot it starts to grind the whole tree without even touching it and in a couple of seconds the whole tree (including the stump) is gone.
With the update, I thought that would work even if you don't hit that sweet spot. At least thats what I saw in BsM's update video.
So, you delete the top portion of the tree with the upper xylor while you are grinding the stump with the lower one right?
Hard to explain for me, the sweet spot was definitely improved after the update. But if I am only using one grinder and touch the tree it will delete it but leave the stump, and most of the time I then have to angle the attachment down a little or backup a few inches before it grinds the stump away.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

anonymouz wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:02 pm I like this Setup, i.m always searching n using strange Equipment Setups! ^^ 👍

That chipper setup is genus, is it stable though, does it move around when you drop trees in there?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

But Why have the chipper that high? works fine on the ground.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Probably so you could drive a trailer under it
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

you can drive a trailer under it I use the Semi-Tipper 70000/6
Farmer1990

Post by Farmer1990 »

When i attach the woodchipper on the new Holrun hooklift and then back on the Holmer terra, its flips over and is not locked down. Anyone else or just me with this problem?. :) Btw love the woodchipper BSM. Great work
anonymouz

Post by anonymouz »

Well, as i said i like crazy Setups ^^

Its working very well and stable once its stationary, but i use it on the Terra Variant and when its hooked up, and sometimes once the Save is loaded, the Holmer cause Displacement and chaotic Physics-Jumps on the Terra. ;)

If you wanna fix that you have to rehook the Chipper onto the Holmer Hooklift, 1 or 2 Times on a straight leveled, flat Ground!

Btw. the Setup on the left Side wasnt working, i was just able to drive forward n backwards. ;)
GoodBye :[ Xbox One - ruleX Radikal ]: - :hi: - Welcome back :[ PC Master Race ]: