70l grass
175l hay/silage
105l power food
Thx for the link, now to learn some german :confusednew:
Lucky me it looks like dutch, I can guess the meanings :biggrin2:
empato

Re: Bale limit

Post by empato »

If you are not sure, just ask me. I`m german...
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:24 pm Wait is the pallet limit 40 or 35? I thought it was 200 bales and 35 pallets
It is 40 straight. Both numbers were confirmed by Giants devs.
But the pallet number has a trick.
Lets say you purchased 40 pallets of something.
Wool pallets keep spawning over 40. My game started to stutter all over the map with the 48th pallet. Then I couldn't even sell any of the wool pallets and abandon my westbridge save.
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Shoot, I hit the bale limit my first year on TVTOF. 60 straw bales, 60 silage, and the rest were hay. Now I'm doing clamp silage only. I have 72 cows now and I've easily kept up with their feeding.

Once I hit the limit, I start collecting with a forage harvester. It turns it back into grass (for whatever reason) and I dump it in the silo to store for the cows.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

empato wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm If you are not sure, just ask me. I`m german...
I'm getting there:
Tier = dier
Tag = dag
Verbrauch = verbruik
Futterverbrauch = voederverbruik

See, not so very different in my language ;)
empato

Post by empato »

right, not a big difference and fully understandable :)
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm Shoot, I hit the bale limit my first year on TVTOF. 60 straw bales, 60 silage, and the rest were hay. Now I'm doing clamp silage only. I have 72 cows now and I've easily kept up with their feeding.

Once I hit the limit, I start collecting with a forage harvester. It turns it back into grass (for whatever reason) and I dump it in the silo to store for the cows.
Look up farmer Klein on youtube he's worked out how many bales you need per year for xxx amount of cows and also how many acres of land you need
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The creator of the mod posted the yearly amounts in the seasons thread too. I just mow what grass I have and it's always more than enough. Most of the silage I make gets sold.
I know they're supposed to eat more, but it seems like they don't eat as much with seasons. I'll settle at about 100 cows and keep it at that. I'm ready to get into pigs now.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Yeah I do the same any bales left over from the year before when I make new ones i sell it off(even though im on pc, just to keep the fps high) I did hay in the summer, silage in autumn, with straw it was first year its done in autumn in the summer after and new fields done in spring. Might change when I start oakfield and rotate it. Like one/two in the Summer two in autumn for straw. Not decided if I want to start with 4 fields for arable and defienately 3 grass fields and I will being using the pastures for grass which i might cheat a bit with a modifed silo that accepts grass so i cand feed themnover winter.)
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 pm
redglasses wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:24 pm Wait is the pallet limit 40 or 35? I thought it was 200 bales and 35 pallets
It is 40 straight. Both numbers were confirmed by Giants devs.
But the pallet number has a trick.
Lets say you purchased 40 pallets of something.
Wool pallets keep spawning over 40. My game started to stutter all over the map with the 48th pallet. Then I couldn't even sell any of the wool pallets and abandon my westbridge save.
It was never actually confirmed as such. I asked about it and they were very busy at the time with the Kuhn dlc if I'm not mistaken.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Either you are mistaken or I've completely lost it :mrgreen:
I'll find the post.
PS5 / FS22
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Guil wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 4:50 pm
RODHA wrote:Guil, I just wonder if it is difficult to request a direct and accurate answer from the technical team?
I mean if it is possible, it would be great I think. Because it seems counting or testing the number won't lead us to a solid result.
So the limits are 200 bales and 40 pallets although waiting on confirmation on sheep pallets.

Canadafarms wins a lollipop of his colour of choice :biggrin2:
That post is from "bale count" thread. That was, as you mentioned, after I asked you if you can get any info from giants. You said you are waiting confirmation but only on the wool pallet issue.
So, I just accepted 200 and 40 as a confirmed info. But still, other than the wool pallets it looks like a confirmed info :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Console reality is that with a bale limit of 200 you have to transition to bulk grass, hay and straw and store it until needed. Unless your running a really tiny farm.

The real challenge is during your harvest of any of those 3 bulk items. If your harvest exceeds 200 bales then your forced to bulk storage or let it wither. So why have 200 bales plus anther 300,000 lbs of bulk items? Might just as well have all bulk and load it and use it as bulk and have no limit restrictions as placeable silos are cheap and plentiful.

The only time I bale anymore is haylage..... up to 200 and sell them. Store the excess grass. Once the bales are sold dump more grass and bale it up...... to 200.

What is needed for the consoles is a bale storage placeable like what can be found with the PC's. Until then embrace the bulk!
NCFarmer3842

Post by NCFarmer3842 »

^^ I completely agree because I now hay and bail to pass time is seasons. Some sort of bale storage like pic has would be nice to have. I never hit the bail limit until seasons so I was unaware that there was one.
Playing on Xbox X in North Carolina