Seasons when do wrapped bales become silage?

Corstaad

Seasons when do wrapped bales become silage?

Post by Corstaad »

I'm into a long slog of round baling wrapped bales.. Using the wobster handheld I see they've now become silage. When I drop them into either the barn or bio gas I get a generic $303 for them. Is wobster wrong and I need to wait another transition? Thanks.
PrincessJessi84

Re: Seasons when do wrapped bales become silage?

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

no that is right.. seasons nerfs the price of silage bales as it was realistically high in the base game
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Is bunker silage still a normal price?
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

The economy has been tweaked in the seasons mod to reflect real-world pricing better. So the prices are in the same general range, it just fluctuates at different times than it does in the vanilla game. You can't go by great demands or the color of the price in the menu. Look at the economy page in the seasons menu to see when the best time to sell is.

I have noticed in my personal game that bunker silage is almost always a better price per liter than silage bales. In the vanilla game, that is often not the case.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

The 'cheat' around bales being a lower price than loose material is to have a feed mixer unload silage onto a conveyor, unloading to the bga digester.
Can take a bit of keeping up with, unless you're handy with a bale spike!
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I might have to consider this I have over a hundred silage bales. I wanted to get dairy going by year 2 and I bankrolled first season on baling to get the money. Alternative is just sell at 303 and bunker my final cut.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

yea year one on TVTOF i bought my square bale wrapper and all the fixins to make square silage bales.. after the first trailer load i took out a loan and bought cows instead as it just wasnt really cost/time effective to sell them anymore.. its cool though.. now i have a legit sized dairy farm and have since moved on to sheep, pigs and my apple and orange orchards so in the end im making a lot more than i would have selling silage bales even without seasons
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I really only started doing silage bales for real on my altenstien save, so I might need to use the feed mixer trick
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer