Why ROPA

CrazyPolarBare

Why ROPA

Post by CrazyPolarBare »

Why is there a ROPA dlc coming out for the game when there is mods they could release instead.
MrSquealypig

Re: Why ROPA

Post by MrSquealypig »

Why would they release mods when they could release DLC instead?
CrazyPolarBare

Post by CrazyPolarBare »

Like i get why but theres money it seems kind of a money grab and there could have been other thing that could have been added
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

They have released hundreds of mods for free and are going to release more in the future.

Considering all the games out there today with loot boxes, microtransactions, etc. releasing a few DLCs that are completely optional is the furthest thing from a cash grab.
CrazyPolarBare

Post by CrazyPolarBare »

Honestly it look like a big waste of time from my point of view
Davo79

Post by Davo79 »

Why release a dlc when they put the mod up already is a better question.
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Well if you are a Ropa fan the DLC would free up the mod space, which everyone on here endlessly complains about.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

The mods are just reskins of homer vehicles. The ropa are giants versions of actual vehicles.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Angryfarmer

Post by Angryfarmer »

Dlc should include the Ropa Bear. Would be nice to have a big overloader for potatoes. The holmer unloads on the wrong side
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

They have to make a DLC to be able to release ROPA mods on console.
This is why the 2 Ropas are on console
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

livesea72 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 am The mods are just reskins of homer vehicles. The ropa are giants versions of actual vehicles.
ROPA is an actual company (ROPA/HOLMER) use to be in business together and branched off into their own companies. And these are not "reskins" if you look at the models already released on the ModHub you can see very clear difference between the models.
XB1/PC
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

Who cares I like the mods they are good
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

There's already a thread on the ropa DLC by the way. Find it here
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Giants response on twitter was something like this "We love our modders and they do great work, but we think our team can do better." Plus the mod ones dont include the pick up loader things, or the trailed harvester.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Soles2023 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 pm
livesea72 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 am The mods are just reskins of homer vehicles. The ropa are giants versions of actual vehicles.
ROPA is an actual company (ROPA/HOLMER) use to be in business together and branched off into their own companies. And these are not "reskins" if you look at the models already released on the ModHub you can see very clear difference between the models.
I know ROPA is a real company. i was alluding to the fact that the ROPA mods we got were basically reskins because of the various ROPA models we could get out of the DLC.If there was true ROPA models wouldnt we have more and wouldn't Giants stop other mods from coming out if they were making a ROPA DLC? It Would be the you cant make them because the model already exist in game reason (which i think is not a good rule btw)
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC