Oakfield is HERE!!!! Not on console yet..

Mobias

Re: Oakfield is HERE!!!! Not on console

Post by Mobias »

Absolutely stunning map. If you like Coldborough Park farm then you'll love this map. Because they're both based on real life locations they both have a similar vibe about them. There's also a good mix of field sizes. There's a couple of enormous fields, quite a few decent sized fields and a good selection of small fields if you prefer something smaller. There's also some really interesting terrain to farm on. Some surprisingly steep fields to negotiate. Plus there's OxygenDavid's usual attention to detail everywhere. It all comes together as one beautifully realised map.
BreadedVirus

Re: Oakfield is HERE!!!! Not on console yet..

Post by BreadedVirus »

Unable to locate the 2nd placeable area on Oakfield. Got the one by the church.

Location of area greatly appreciated.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
swg

Post by swg »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:50 am Unable to locate the 2nd placeable area on Oakfield. Got the one by the church.

Location of area greatly appreciated.
Field 39. go for it! *thumbsup*

Also I just found 99 gold nuggets. Looks like the last one is inside the building close to the greenhouse....anyone was able to find it?
Whizgig

Post by Whizgig »

Nope have all except that one cant find it it must be bugged
johnj

Post by johnj »

It is bugged think some changes were made to buildings
I reversed my Lizard around to back of building. As left hand drive (hooray!) put the driver door near the closed shutter and get out E
It is by blue bins which you can't see from outside!
Metal Moss

Post by Metal Moss »

yeah, just exit a vehicle so you're inside the building
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Yeah we checked the nuggets numerous times, but OxygenDavid moved the building slightly right at the end to accommodate the compost and lime and we didn't recheck.

Johnj has posted one genius solution above and the other is editing the save-game file - I posted the instructions on FS-UK here.
Whizgig

Post by Whizgig »

johnj wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:29 am It is bugged think some changes were made to buildings
I reversed my Lizard around to back of building. As left hand drive (hooray!) put the driver door near the closed shutter and get out E
It is by blue bins which you can't see from outside!
Thanks so much :biggrin2:
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

Such a great Map , very realistic! Just needs Marhus sawmill to replace the current one and a seed production plant. Superb
pvajko

Re: Oakfield is HERE!!!! Not on console

Post by pvajko »

Hairy Bob wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 pm So, does anybody know which version/s of courseplay will detect the edge of this field?
It's not a Courseplay problem, it's an issue with the map already fixed by Oxygendavid. Don't know where or when the fixed map will be available though. See also https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?t ... msg1308956
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Thanks, it's just that others were saying that they could manually detect the field edge, whereas my (Dev) version of CP wouldn't.
I fixed it, anyway. I just ploughed the field and CP was quite happy to detect the edge then.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

yep after 2/3 runs with the plough on the south end, courseplay detected it fine.
rowdyh51

Post by rowdyh51 »

Soooo...Was this ever even tested for console? I know it was submitted the same time as the pc version was,and since the "in testing" list being updated has been hit or miss lately no real way for us to know if it's even been tested or not?
sunshineminer

Post by sunshineminer »

Anyone else noticed that multi terrain angle doesn't seem to work for potato planters. Textures for ploughing, cultivating and seeding everything other than potatoes work fine but the potato ridges only run either N/S or E/W regardless of direction of the planter. Is this a glitch or does it have to be like this?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

sunshineminer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:33 am Anyone else noticed that multi terrain angle doesn't seem to work for potato planters. Textures for ploughing, cultivating and seeding everything other than potatoes work fine but the potato ridges only run either N/S or E/W regardless of direction of the planter. Is this a glitch or does it have to be like this?
It's been that way since at least FS15.

I intend to use field 1 and/or 2 for potatoes when I get around to them, as it's natural to harvest both these fields in a E/W direction. If you don't use it already the compass mod helps.