What is the largest console pig farm ?

vicarofdeeath

Re: What is the largest console pig farm ?

Post by vicarofdeeath »

thank you for all the kind thougths i know the farm is beyond imagination but we are now at 215k lol and holding there so yeah thank you again.
Daybo

Post by Daybo »

Set up the conveyor belts from the placeable silo to the pig trough like M&A as in his video showing his huge pig farm, but when I try loading onto the belts from the trigger point, the pig food I have stored in the silo only comes out for maybe 2-3 seconds then stops. Any ideas why it is doing this?

I have 6000 pigs, and the trough is almost empty.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

170 000 pigs? Hello to someone ever crazier than me! :-D

I see only two options to keep this going long-term. And no, I really haven't watcher the 1:45 hrs video:
1. either you provide as much food from fields as you can and the trough simply drops to zero from time to time, which only reduces productivity, so your pigs reproduce slower, which at this number is not an issue, or
2. You are using the mod place-able pig food silos, which can be an option, since at this point of game, money is not an issue for you.

Anyway - you were saying you are now at 215k? I dare you: reduce it to 200k. :-P :-D
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

He has a network of conveyor belts.
He is on Sosnovka. Owns the entire map except 2 fields (remember that? :biggrin2: )
All of the fields are Barley for straw.
He provides pig food from pig food silos.
I think he sells all the Barley but I'm not sure.
Still, you have to see his setup. Crazy over insane :biggrin2:
But a quite cool achievement.
I don't think more than 20k is possible if you feed them with crops separately like you do.
Btw, his goal is to hit 500k. I think he is in the process of redesinging the farm.
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Then he doesn't need the straw. The only downside would be that they wouldn't produce solid manure, but who cares?

But what's the achievement in it when he feeds them from the silo?

Technically on Lawfolds I think a little bit over 20k would be possible if the player wouldn't skip one phase as I do. Meaning crops are ready to harvest, so I harvest, plow, cultivate, fertilise, whatever, but don't seed. I seed in the next phase when other fields are ready to harvest.
Btw. I found out that for me the ideal amount of pigs is letting them oscilate between 18 and 19k. ;-)
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

masterplan wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 amBut what's the achievement in it when he feeds them from the silo?
If I answer that question from a personal perspective, pigs cannot be any type of achievement :biggrin2: Hate those things. Only eating them is good :lol:
PS5 / FS22
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

RODHA wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:21 pm
masterplan wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 amBut what's the achievement in it when he feeds them from the silo?
If I answer that question from a personal perspective, pigs cannot be any type of achievement :biggrin2: Hate those things. Only eating them is good :lol:
Better to feed the pigs then simply harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell - harvest - sell. :-P
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

A headache inducing loop... Thats what it is :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Personally I think masterplans pig farm is more impressive as he feeds the pigs with crops that he grows...just my opinion. Kinda feel like doing something like this my self
Farmer man

Post by Farmer man »

Hey is there a YouTube link for these two farms
markare

Post by markare »

Check the previous page, bottom link
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Patrick73 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:47 pm Personally I think masterplans pig farm is more impressive as he feeds the pigs with crops that he grows...just my opinion. Kinda feel like doing something like this my self
Thank you, that's exactly what I think. ;-)
CHMac42

Post by CHMac42 »

This my first post! I just wanted to share my love for pig farming. I'm up to 12 500 on Goldcrest Valley. They're fully fed! I'm not on console though; PC. Thank the lawd for autoclickers when it's time to sell before the midnight animal upkeep costs hit. Also for conveyor belts to auto-clean the mess.

If anyone would like to check it out I'd be happy to open the file up to multiplayer.

P.S. There are also very few trees, it's pretty impressive. Oh the time spent.